New York, NY
MongoDB is seeking an experienced build and tool chain engineer to be part of a dynamic team working on the build and tooling infrastructure for the MongoDB server team.
- Developing, improving, and maintaining the company's coding environment
- Assisting other developers in diagnosing and solving coding issues, including issues with the C++ compiler and linker
- Evaluating and adding support for new compilers, linkers, and cutting-edge build tools
- Using dynamic programming languages to add, extend, and maintain our coding tool chain
- Working closely with server and build engineers to roll out and test improvements to the tool chain
- B.S. in Computer Science or related technical field
- 2+ years experience in software development, automation and/or tools development
- Passion for open-source software
- Must have experience building open-source software from source
- Must have strong scripting skills; Python (preferred), Perl or Ruby
- Knowledgeable in Linux, Windows, Solaris, and/or Mac development toolchain (compilers, linkers, debugger)
Nice to haves
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Experience with building in cross-compile environments desirable
- Contributions to the open source community desirable
- Experience with working collaboratively on a small team in a shared code base desirable
- Strong Linux background
MongoDB (from humongous) is reinventing data management and powering big data as the leading NoSQL database. Designed for how we build and run applications today, it empowers organizations to be more agile and scalable. MongoDB enables new types of applications, better customer experience, faster time to market and lower costs. MongoDB has a thriving global community with more than 6 million downloads, 125,000 Online Education registrations, 25,000 MongoDB User Group (MUG) members and 20,000 annual MongoDB Days attendees. The company has more than 900 customers, including many of the world’s largest organizations.
To all recruitment agencies: MongoDB does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or MongoDB employees. MongoDB is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.