Accounts Payable Specialist
MongoDB is looking for a motivated Accounts Payable Specialist to join its accounting team. This position is located in Austin, Texas. The Accounts Payable Specialist will work under the direction of the Accounting Manager and perform daily accounts payable and cash management tasks. This position will exercise a high level of independence, accountability, teamwork, good judgment and attention to detail. The Accounts Payable Specialist must be able to work independently, as well as within a team environment in order to provide outstanding service to our employees and vendors.
- Full cycle accounts payable including invoice review, coding, approvals, data entry, disbursements and filing
- Manage weekly process of disbursements via manual checks, wires, and ACHs
- Perform month-end closing procedures including AP reconciliation and AP accruals
- Coordinate with EMEA Accounts Payable on the daily basis to ensure WW accounts payable is processed
- Review the setup of new suppliers including payment terms and banking information
- Add value through process improvement and creating workflow efficiencies, e.g. reduce processing time, improve accuracy and reduce paper-based processes
- Maintenance of vendor information, including W-9's, as needed and year-end 1099 issuance and reporting as well as the completion of the 1096 transmittal to the IRS
- Audit employee’s expense report to ensure all company policies and procedures are followed
- Assist in Auditor requests and Ad hoc reporting
- Research and respond to inquiries (internal & external) regarding invoice/check status, as well as, inquiries that require additional explanation or supporting documentation, providing the highest level of customer service
- 5+ years of accounting operations experience
- Must have NetSuite AP system experience, working knowledge of Intacct as well as 1099 filing experience
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with all areas and levels of the company, including the ability to interact with employees on expense audit result
- Execute multiple tasks and adhere to strict deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to manage tasks simultaneously
- Able to report to California headquarters on the daily tasks and requests
- Proactive, assertive and creative approach to problem solving
- Take ownership of all AP function, and willing to help on ad hoc requests
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting or finance preferred
MongoDB (from humongous) is reinventing data management and powering big data as the leading NoSQL database. Designed for how we build and run applications today, it empowers organizations to be more agile and scalable. MongoDB enables new types of applications, better customer experience, faster time to market and lower costs. MongoDB has a thriving global community with more than 6 million downloads, 125,000 Online Education registrations, 25,000 MongoDB User Group (MUG) members and 20,000 annual MongoDB Days attendees. The company has more than 900 customers, including many of the world’s largest organizations.
To all recruitment agencies: MongoDB does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or MongoDB employees. MongoDB is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.