The Cloud Services team is a diverse group of individuals who develop software to run MongoDB at a global scale (see MongoDB Atlas). Our software and services allow users to deploy fault-tolerant, globally distributed MongoDB clusters in minutes.
The main focus of this team (Private Cloud, Ops Manager) is to adapt our software to manage MongoDB clusters which are deployed in data centers or private cloud platforms.
You will work on the core functionality for all of our cloud products, mainly on the Ops Manager and Cloud Manager products. Our team's end users are some of the largest businesses in the world, deploying massive clusters and processing huge amounts of data.
This role will report to the Lead Engineer, Private Cloud Team at MongoDB.
A great fit for this role will be
- Someone who loves programming!
- Someone who enjoys working with others to achieve a common goal!
- You're flexible! You're willing to take on a wide variety of responsibilities, learning as you go
- You're a self-starter! You're comfortable organising your own time, prioritising, and acting on multiple tasks concurrently
- Experience working on, or with, a remote team (Cloud Services Engineers are split between Dublin and New York)
What is in it for you:
- Generous compensation package (top-range salary, equity, comprehensive benefits)
- Flexible working options (not a strict 9-6 role, work from home 1-2 days per week)
- Opportunities to learn on the job (time to upskill in new technologies)
- Team budget for attending industry-specific conferences and training
- High level of independence in your day to day work
- You'll be joining a good-humored supportive team that work well together!
- Design, implement, test, and release features for Cloud Manager and Ops Manager
- Test and incrementally ship elements of complex projects
- Apply our core values to your work, in planning, design, and coding
- Assist with troubleshooting bugs in customer deployments
- Experience building multi-threaded, asynchronous, distributed systems
- Good knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals (data structures and algorithms)
- Good understanding of Object Orientation concepts
- Ability to think conceptually and design modular, complex systems
- Experience working directly with production systems
Nice to haves
- Experience with multiple programming languages
- Familiarity running services on Cloud Infrastructure (Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure), using containers and/or container orchestration platforms (Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift)
- Experience with the MongoDB Server (specialized, in-depth training will be provided upon joining)
- Experience or interest in full-stack web application development
*MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer*