The Cloud Services team are a diverse group of individuals who develop software to run MongoDB at global scale.
Our software and services allow users to deploy fault-tolerant, globally distributed MongoDB clusters in minutes. Ops Manager is our tool for managing MongoDB clusters in-house and on private cloud platforms.
As a server-side engineer, you will work on the core functionality for all of our cloud products, writing code that helps store petabytes of data all over the world, touching millions of users daily. Ops Manager customers are some of the largest businesses in the world, deploying massive clusters and processing huge amounts of data.
Make your mark as a member of this new team in our Dublin office!
This role will report to the Lead Engineer, Private Cloud Team at MongoDB.
A great fit for this role will be
- Well-organised and comfortable prioritising & acting on multiple tasks concurrently
- You're flexible! You'll be joining a small team, so you're willing to take on a wide variety of responsibilities, learning as you go
- Experience working on, or with, a remote team (the entire Ops Manager team is in Dublin, with most of Cloud Services are in New York)
- Design, implement, test and release features for Cloud Manager and Ops Manager
- Work in an agile team environment with a close relationship with the customer
- Incrementally ship elements of complex projects
- Apply our core values to your work; be it in planning, design, outreach or coding
- Assist our Ops & Support Engineers troubleshoot operational issues with customers
- 5+ years of experience building full-stack web applications, multi-threading, asynchronous and/or distributed systems
- Coding in one or more languages. Interest in Java or Go a plus
- Experience working directly with production systems
Nice to haves
- Experience with MongoDB is a big plus!
- Familiarity with modern frontend web development
- Familiarity running services on Cloud Infrastructure (aws, google, azure), using Containers & Container Orchestration platforms (docker, kubernetes, aurora, openshift, cloudfront)
- Some experience administering Windows & Linux servers
*MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer*