The worldwide data management software market is massive (IDC forecasts it to be $138 billion by 2026!). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
Developers interface with MongoDB in many ways, including the programming language, frameworks and libraries, IDEs, the MongoDB server, and a variety of other products, both created by MongoDB and not. As Product Manager for our Developer Experience team you will understand the software engineers who build applications on MongoDB - end to end.
This is a rare opportunity to join a team working alongside sales, marketing, support, developer relations, education, documentation and engineering. It’s a huge role for the right person, and an incredible opportunity to be part of a company that is leading innovation in the $60B data storage market. We prefer candidates in San Francisco or New York City, but are open to remote or international locations.
This role can be based remotely in the North America region.
- Lead various teams to optimal product decisions with data analysis from internal stakeholders, customers, prospects, and market research
- Drive collaboration across Engineering, Marketing, Education, Developer Relations, and other teams
- Identify new products, features, programs, and partnership opportunities
- Interact with innovative and demanding customers who use MongoDB at scale, helping to solve their issues and fulfill their wishlists
- Programming experience. We prefer candidates with at least two years of software engineering experience, as this is a highly technical product role. A CS degree is NOT required, and we welcome applicants who have non-traditional backgrounds.
- Desire to learn and insatiable curiosity
- Experience working in the software technology industry across one or more areas - product management, software engineering, or consulting
- The ability to communicate complex technical issues simply and convincingly to a wide range of audiences
- Broad, strategic thinking about the end to end user experience, where that user in particular is an expert software engineer
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills - you will be expected to present and communicate with developer communities on dev.to, reddit, and our blog, as well as speak at events like reInvent and MongoDB World
Nice to have
- Demonstrated success in leading a product that targets developers
- Familiarity working with large datasets, either in professional or school setting
- Demonstrated success as a product manager on a fast-paced, growing team
- Self-starter who enjoys challenges across a broad range of disciplines
- Familiarity with open source and cloud technologies
- Knowledge in the domains of distributed systems, databases, operating systems or other highly concurrent software a big plus
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.