The worldwide data management software market is massive (IDC forecasts it to be $138 billion by 2026!). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow in a fast paced and high growth company and learn from an experienced high quality accounting team, have a strong urge to come in and make a difference in the AP processes then this is the position for you.
We are looking for someone who is a quick learner, detail oriented and has an urge to own and create new processes. The position requires outstanding communication and analytical skills as well as the ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment.
You will directly apply accounting methodologies to ensure proper account coding. This role directly impacts the overall success of our Accounts Payable (AP) function, and will be exposed to the inner workings of a high growth Finance function within the technology sector.
We are looking to speak to candidates who are based in Gurugram office for our hybrid working model.
Shift Timings: 2 PM to 10 PM
- Ownership of full cycle accounts payable including invoice review, coding, approvals, data entry and filing
- Review the setup of new vendors including payment terms and banking information
- Maintenance of vendor information and vendor onboarding process
- Filing of VAT returns & reconciliations
- Record invoices based on US and local GAAP
- Audit employee’s expense report to ensure all company policies and procedures are followed
- Perform and assist in month-end closing procedures including AP reconciliations
- Research and respond to inquiries (internal and external) regarding invoice/payment status, as well as, inquiries that require additional explanation or supporting documentation, providing the highest level of customer service
- Add value through process improvement and creating workflow efficiencies, e.g. reduce processing time, improve accuracy and reduce paper-based processes
- Assist in Auditor requests and Ad hoc reporting
The Accounts Payable Specialist will be successful in this role when they can execute the following strategic tasks/responsibilities
- Communication: Successfully communicate among all levels of employees and with vendors in a manner that is helpful and productive
- Detail Oriented: Ability to enter invoices and journal entries with accuracy
- Research and problem solving: Collect and analyze information to solve problems or questions that arise with invoices or vendor accounts
- Systems: Successfully navigate Net suite with ease and efficiency
Our ideal candidate will have
- NetSuite or Concur experience
- Knowledge of VAT filing would be preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with all areas and levels of the company, including the ability to interact with employees on expense audit result
- Execute multiple tasks and adhere to strict deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage tasks simultaneously
- Proactive, assertive and creative approach to problem solving
- Knowledge of Google sheets & Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Education: Bachelor degree in Accounting preferred
- Experience: Minimum 3-5 year in similar position
MongoDB would not be the leading non-relational database without the dedication and passion of our employees. While we grow at the pace we’re still looking for more ways to appreciate our employees but here are a few ways we are keeping people happy.
Life at MongoDB
Our India office culture
- 100+ people, with teams in Sales, Engineering, HR, Finance, IT & Marketing
- Regular group outings and opportunities to get to know your colleagues
- Employee affinity groups
- Competitive salary and equity
- Comprehensive Health cover, dental cover, travel insurance & Life Insurance
- Free lunch twice per week and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy and sweet treats
- 20 weeks of Paternity and 26 weeks of Maternity leave to spend time with new arrivals
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
*MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer*