The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $123B+ by 2026!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB is on a mission to empower the next generation of innovators to create, disrupt, and transform markets with the power of software and data.
The MongoDB Communications team is looking for a senior-level PR leader who has extensive experience promoting technology for any of the major cloud providers (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, Alibaba Cloud, etc.). The right candidate has a successful track record of securing positive coverage in technology and business-focused publications, evangelizing new/advanced technologies with journalists globally, cultivating win/win relationships with technology partners, providing strategic counsel to executives both internal and external to the company, and communicating the advantages of using more full-featured, best-of-breed and complementary technology with the major cloud computing platforms.
This role requires close collaboration with multiple teams internally as well as those within partner organizations to deliver a measurable impact to the business, drive customer adoption, and exceed corporate global awareness objectives.
This role is based out of North America and is fully remote, so occasional travel will be required..
- Grow awareness for MongoDB Atlas as the #1 developer data platform for building applications on any of the major clouds.
- Work collaboratively with partner organizations, customer marketing, and marketing departments to drive awareness of MongoDB through owned, earned, and joint communications programs.
- Create a global thought leadership and executive-level communications strategy and program for partner PR to help grow the awareness and influence of MongoDB’s technology used in conjunction with the major cloud platforms.
- Cultivate core set of relationships with the most influential journalists and other influencers across prioritized geos to amplify and promote MongoDB’s vision for modern application development.
- Present opportunities to C-level executives at our top enterprise accounts to share their technology-led business successes with media and other influencers to drive impactful visibility.
- Drive partner-based communications programs at the top virtual and physical events for our partners and MongoDB.
- Leverage channels and engage with our leading partners at the executive level to generate a groundswell of positive awareness and perception of MongoDB.
What you will need to be successful
- Extensive experience running comms programs for any of the major cloud providers (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, Alibaba Cloud, etc.).
- 10 - 15 years marketing and/or communications experience in a high-growth global B2B/B2D systems/SaaS/Enterprise software company.
- Ability to evangelize and educate internally and externally about our modern technology developer data platform.
- Confident leader who can collaborate with a diverse set of C-level executives, leaders, and stakeholders and influence cross-functional teams.
- Passion for networking, evangelizing, and growing the partnership circle of highly-trusted cloud providers jointly invested in MongoDB success.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-changing environment.
- Have an exceedingly high EQ and can facilitate trust in relationships.
- Excellent writer with strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven track record of strategic planning, goal setting, and program execution
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.