The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB seeks an experienced software engineer to help level-up TechOps and launch a new GTM Solutions team. The GTM Solutions team will work closely with Product (R&D), Sales, Data Engineering/Analytics, and other departments, to build applications that gather and utilize customer workload telemetry and consumption data to generate insights and signals that enable us to better support the customer workload journey.
The GTM Solutions team is part of the wider Engineering Corps, which is comprised of front-end and back-end engineers with a large breadth of expertise and experience, and a track record of timely delivery and delighted customers.
This is a hybrid management position that will require recruiting for and developing junior engineers, as well as rolling up your sleeves and developing solutions together with your team. MongoDB Engineering Leads are expected to be both people managers and active developers.
We are looking to speak to candidates who are based in New York City for our hybrid working model.
Our ideal candidate
- Has 5+ years experience developing awesome software and APIs (Python a must, Golang or another strongly typed language a plus)
- Has 2+ years experience managing a team of >3 direct reports
- Experience building fault tolerant microservice architectures
- Is familiar and comfortable with Linux and CI/CD strategies and tooling, e.g. k8s, Docker, Drone, or similar
- Is self motivated and not afraid to break a few eggs to get a product over the finish line
- Builds great things alone, but the greatest things in collaboration with others
- Work with leaders in Product and Sales to understand their customer data dependencies and develop technical solutions to help them realize their product visions
- Design, build, and operate internal tools and services that are reliable, scalable, and observable
- Investigate gaps and limitations in existing tooling and develop well-thought-out long-term solutions
- Author and review functional specifications and scoping documents for proposed projects
- Recruit for and develop a team of engineers, providing mentorship and career guidance
- Have lots of fun doing all of the above things
- In three months you will have familiarized yourself with our infrastructure and SLDC, surveyed external stakeholders, and formulated plans to design and build prototypes and proofs of concepts that meet their specifications. You will have built your team to three or four engineers!
- In six months you will have developed early prototypes and developed a team roadmap to carry out further development.
In a year you will have built the first Customer Insights MVP used by Product and Customer Success Managers to engage with users about their current and future workloads. Your stakeholders will be overjoyed with the added value to our customers and ask you to further grow your team.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.