The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
We are looking for an experienced and driven leader, with great energy, passion and initiative to manage a highly talented Pre-Sales Solution Architecture team.
MongoDB Solution Architects partner with the rest of the go to market team to help our customers design and build solutions to address their business needs. Our team is made up of seasoned software architects, entrepreneurs, and developers who take direct responsibility for customer success. As an integral component of the sales team, they shoulder the responsibility in winning deals and driving the business forward. They are also trusted advisors to a wide range of users, from startups to the world's largest enterprise IT organizations.
As a Manager for Solutions Architecture, you will recruit and lead our Solutions Architects team across the region. You will partner closely with our sales leaders to define, improve and execute our sales strategies in the enterprise market; and you'll play a key role in driving the business forward by developing our pre-sales practices, bringing the voice of experience and best practices while ensuring talent retention.
We are looking to speak to candidates who plan to be available in Sydney, working in our hybrid model.
- 4+ years of pre-sales experience, with strong commercial skills
- 2+ years Management experience, ideally in pre-sales, distributed team management preferred
- Goal oriented, with a track record of overachievement (Circle of Excellence, Leader of the Year, etc.)
- Driven – you possess a strong desire to be successful
- Disciplined – you are skilled in managing time and resources and have a sound approach to technically qualifying opportunities
- Intelligent – you possess an aptitude to learn quickly and establish credibility
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Database industry background a plus
- Software development background a plus
- The ability to travel up to 50%
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- You will recruit, retain, and develop top pre-sales talent
- You will partner with our sales teams to help ensure success in accounts ranging from mid-to-large enterprises
- You will work closely with the Professional Services team to achieve customer satisfaction and with Marketing to conduct seminars, trade shows and other marketing related events
- You will foster strong and effective relationships with customers, resulting in growth opportunities
- You will coach the team to exceed monthly, quarterly and annual bookings objectives
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.