The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB seeks a senior full-stack software engineer to help level-up the Engineering Corps and grow its sales tools offerings by orders of magnitude. The Engineering Corps’ remit is to realize and develop internal technical solutions to problems facing individual employees, teams, departments, and the company as a whole. The Sales Apps Team works closely with the Sales teams to optimize their productivity and efficiency by supplying the right tools and data for their daily basis work. The team is composed of front-end and back-end engineers with a large breadth of expertise and experience, and a track record of timely delivery and delighted customers.
This role can be based out of our Madrid office, or remotely in Spain.
Our ideal candidate
- Has several years experience developing awesome software and APIs (Python is a must, Golang or another strongly typed language is a plus).
- Has some experience on frontend development (React/Next.js are a plus).
- Is knowledgeable about secure coding principles, TLS, and developing policy and process around security and compliance best practices.
- Is a Linux wiz familiar and comfortable with CI/CD strategies and tooling, e.g. k8s, Drone, or similar.
- Has implemented data pipelines to extract relevant information from different data sources.
- Pragmatic, detail-oriented, and self-motivated
- Builds great things alone, but the greatest things in collaboration with others
- Work with teams across MongoDB to understand how they do business and develop technical solutions to help them do so more efficiently/effectively.
- Design, build, and operate sales tools and services that are reliable, scalable, and observable.
- Investigate gaps and limitations in existing tooling and develop well-thought-out long-term solutions.
- Implement custom data pipelines to extract the relevant data.
- Regularly review application code and architecture, looking for ways to improve it.
- Author and review functional specifications and scoping documents for proposed projects.
- Have lots of fun doing all of the above things.
- In three months you will have familiarised yourself with much of our application portfolio, make regular contributions, and help to resolve incidents and respond to user requests.
- In six months you will have successfully investigated, scoped, executed, and documented a small to medium sized project on behalf of an internal customer.
- In a year you will have too many pleased customers to do everything they ask of you, and you will have to politely decline some projects. You will have made a number of sizeable contributions to our code base that significantly improve the quality, reliability, and maintainability of our systems.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer