The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB Professional Services (PS) exist to support the development of our customers’ vision, accelerate customers’ time to value, and drive a multitude of customer adoption scenarios - from building new solutions to modernizing legacy applications or migrating to cloud. Our consulting solutions ensure that organizations get the best out of MongoDB.
The PS Operations Coordinator will integrate into the global PS Operations team whose remit is to:
- Engage with PS customers worldwide to schedule the delivery of their consulting engagements,
- Support the PS organization with day-to-day operational process creation, documentation, maintenance, and enforcement,
- Execute on the strategic PS vision from an operational perspective while monitoring critical business KPIs.
The PS Operations Coordinator is a key contributor in coordinating the activities associated with the sale, implementation and training for our prospects and customers. The role is dedicated to North America and will act as the first line of operational support internally. This role utilizes a case management system and is primarily focused on performing a number of key and time sensitive internal scheduling functions. In parallel, this role focuses on driving operational excellence and predictability across the business by working cross-functionally with the rest of the Operations team, project managers, consulting engineer Managers and other internal teams. This role will report to the Operations Manager.
This position requires an enthusiastic, organized, and flexible individual who is comfortable working across functions and is passionate about scale and efficiencies. The successful candidate will have a strong operational mindset and is someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced, challenging and varied environment.
This role will be based remotely in Austin, TX
- Scheduling requests
- Handle all incoming requests to the case queue and resolve or re-assign to Level 2 Operations Specialists as appropriate in a timely and professional manner
- Update our delivery planner with all internal requests including:
- Managing draft resource requests from Project Managers and China’s consultants
- Logging PTO requests
- Logging internal training or practice days
- Assist and assign resource management requests
- Attend weekly backlog and delivery meetings to ensure alignment with regional delivery teams
- Handle incoming timecard enquiries
- Handle incoming requests regarding project status and burndown
- High-volume calendar management
- Create customer training courses
- Continually provide suggestions for improvements to business processes
- Ensure timely and complete new PS employee onboarding
- Maintain accuracy in policies, procedures, training activities, and onboarding
- Support other tasks as needed
- PS Team Operations
- Own the onboarding and offboarding of new hires and contractors
- Ensure weekly and monthly time tracking submissions and approvals meet the org deadlines
- Develop, implement, document and enforce best practices that can continually enhance MongoDB Services and its scale
- Drive awareness and compliance of the org policies
- Support the Level 2 Operations Specialists to increase efficiency across the team and help scale the business
Skills and behaviors
- A Bachelor's degree is required; advanced degree preferred
- 3+ years previous experience working in operations for fast growing teams is required
- Proven track record of supporting operations for fast growing teams
- Exceptional verbal and written communication is required
- Strong attention to detail is required
- Must be able to execute with velocity whilst providing quality work consistently
- Must be proactive and able to use initiative with a willingness to learn on the job
- Must be able to multi-task and adapt to last minute changes
- Passion for driving scale, operational excellence and efficiencies
- Ability to prioritize, highlight risk and escalate as appropriate
- Ability to establish credibility with business owners from around the organization and to create strong partnerships with other teams
- Ability to mitigate scheduling risks for PS resources
- Flexible in approach with a can-do and positive attitude
- Previous experience in customer success roles or consulting is a plus
- Previous experience using FinancialForce is a plus
- Previous experience using LMS a plus
- Communication: Build strong relationships, manage expectations and interact in a timely manner with a wide range of audiences
- Operational excellence: Comply with the team and PS org day to day processes at all times. Suggest processes, tooling and controls that seamlessly adapt to the business growth and changes over time
- Customer focus: Consider your stakeholders as your customers and ensure you support them professionally and drive their success whilst keeping them accountable on day to day ops expectations
- Problem solving: Collect, analyze challenges and bring solutions to the table
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.