The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
Building on the rapid success and adoption of MongoDB, we are delivering applications and services that make it much easier to manage and scale database deployments. These next-generation systems are a growing list but currently include products such as Atlas (www.cloud.mongodb.com), Cloud Manager and Compass.
MongoDB Atlas is the premier multi-cloud database-as-a-service built and operated by the makers of MongoDB. The Cloud Operations Engineering team at MongoDB is a worldwide team responsible for the consistent operational success of every MongoDB Atlas customer. As a Cloud Operations Engineer, you will help ensure the success of our Atlas customers, whether they are early startups or large multinational companies, cloud-native or just getting started with a digital transformation to the cloud. You are excited about the core mission of MongoDB, and the opportunity to join the team responsible for operating Atlas, the fastest-growing multi-cloud database-as-a-service in the world.
Cloud Operations Engineers are responsible for building internal tools and process automation. Day-to-day duties are creating and monitoring systems alert dashboards, reviewing critical event and system logs, accessing customer instances that underpin their production databases, and performing server administration duties including performance troubleshooting. Applicants must be critical thinkers who are quick to detect, resolve, or escalate issues that are sometimes broad in scope and difficult to trace.
We are looking to speak to candidates who are based in Sydney for our hybrid working model.
- Help scale the Cloud Operations Engineering team with the strategic implementation of new processes and tools
- Collaborate with teams across the company
- Balance your time between leading your team, working on customer incidents and working on projects
- Be a source of guidance and advice to their own team members and other teams
- Build a relationship with their team around trust
- Strong diagnostic/troubleshooting process, with significant experience troubleshooting end-to-end technical issues in production environments
- Successfully coordinate with a global team of Cloud Operations Engineers who are tasked with ensuring our uptime guarantees to our Atlas customer base
- Participate in designing and build internal tools
- Assist in scoping, designing and deploying systems that reduce Mean Time to Resolve for customer incidents
- Monitor and detect emerging customer-facing incidents on the Atlas platform; assist in their proactive resolution
- Automate internal processes, routine monitoring and troubleshooting tasks
- Diagnose live incidents, differentiate between platform issues versus usage issues, and take the next steps toward resolution
- Cooperate with our product management and cloud engineering organizations by identifying areas for improvement in the management applications powering the Atlas infrastructure
- Coordinate and participate in a weekly on-call rotation, where you will handle short term customer incidents (from direct surveillance or through alerts via our Technical Services Engineers)
- Management skills, with hands-on experience running small to mid sized teams in a rapid-growth environment
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine desire to help others
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to think on your feet, remain calm under pressure, and find solutions to challenges in real-time
- Experience with being an oncall DevOps, SRE, or Cloud Operations engineer
- Expertise with Linux system administration and networking technologies
- Knowledge of database operations and concepts
- Knowledgeable about a wide range of web and internet technologies
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services and other Cloud infrastructure platforms (e.g. GCP, Azure)
- Experience in monitoring, system performance data collection and analysis, and reporting
- Capability to write programs/scripts to solve both short-term systems problems and long term strategic objectives for the Atlas product
- A CS/CE degree or equivalent experience
- A keen interest in learning new things
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.