The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
We are looking for passionate technologists to join our Pre-Sales organization to ensure that our growth is grounded and guided by strong technical alignment with our platform and the needs of our customers.
MongoDB Cloud Partner Pre-Sales Solution Architects are responsible for guiding customer-facing architects, engineers, and account managers at our cloud platform partners (AWS, GCP, Azure) to become passionate advocates for MongoDB with our joint customers. Our team is made up of seasoned software architects who use their comprehensive understanding of the cloud technology landscape to identify opportunities to incorporate the unique value proposition of MongoDB into strategic joint go-to-market activities. You'll work closely with our cloud partner leaders to design and build wide reaching initiatives for sales reps and architects at our cloud partners and MongoDB to accelerate joint opportunities. You'll be a trusted advisor in collaborating with experienced architects at our cloud partners to build joint solutions across a variety of industries and use cases to serve organizations from startups to Fortune 50 enterprises.
This role will be remotely based in the US.
As an ideal candidate, you will have:
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of pre-sales experience with enterprise software
- 3+ years of experience working with cloud providers (AWS, Microsoft or Google)
- Working knowledge and ability to code with a modern scripting languages (e.g. Python, Node.js, SQL) and/or popular programming languages (e.g. C/C++, Java, C#)
- Experience with scalable and highly available distributed systems
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- The ability to travel up to 50%
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
As an ideal candidate, you may also have:
- Experience selling databases and/or deploying applications with any of the major cloud providers
- Experience with data modeling and programming database-backed applications
- Cloud provider certification (Associate or Professional)
- A MongoDB Certification
- Spanish is a big plus.
What you do at MongoDB:
- You work with counterparts from the cloud partner to develop technical collateral and enablement programs to generate enthusiasm for joint solutions with MongoDB that leads to an increase in sales activity. This involves:
- Creating reference architectures that integrate MongoDB with the cloud providers’ native services to offer best-in-class solutions for our customers
- Building joint sales plays to use each others’ strengths to expand into new use cases and markets
- Developing a technical “better together” messaging so pre-sales architects at MongoDB and the cloud partner have a consistent narrative to joint customers
- Delivering technical webinars and talks at virtual and in-person events to drive interest in joint solutions
- You work closely with the cloud partner leader at MongoDB and ISV partner managers at cloud partners to deliver technical enablement and strategic account mapping sessions to account teams to identify mutually beneficial sales opportunities.
- You develop nuanced messaging and go-to-market motions informed by an empathetic understanding of what motivates technical sellers at cloud partners that are distinct from MongoDB’s standard marketing message and unique per cloud partner.
- You are the subject matter expert for the cloud partner in the MongoDB Solutions Architecture community, brought in to customer engagements when deep specialized expertise in that cloud platform is required to achieve the technical win in the engagement.
What you will learn:
- The rapidly expanding MongoDB product suite, including:
- Core database server
- Atlas (fully managed cloud database service)
- Atlas Data Lake
- Atlas Full-Text Search
- Other Tools and connectors - Ops/Cloud Manager, Compass, Connector for BI, Connector for Spark, Kafka Connector
- Market-relevant, complementary technologies at cloud providers and encouraged to pursue cloud certifications
- Modern and popular architecture design patterns, methodologies and concerns e.g. microservices, event-driven architectures, DevOps, Serverless, security
- Sales techniques and related soft skills - presentations, demonstrations, whiteboarding, discovery, objection handling
- Exposure to a wide variety of market verticals and broad spectrum of interesting use cases
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.