The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
To help fuel and manage this growth, we are seeking a Senior Analyst for the Business Operations team who can help drive strategic and operational initiatives across MongoDB. In this role, you will sit at the intersection of operations, analytics, finance, and product management, working closely with internal stakeholders to identify and solve complex business problems. You will be responsible for developing analytical models to inform decision-making, and will take an active role in communicating recommendations to management.
This role will be in-office in our New York City office.
- Partner with the Product and go-to-market teams to develop and implement coherent go-to-market strategies and business plans
- Use data to inform pricing and packaging decisions, and partner with FP&A to incorporate impacts into the forecast
- Build efficient and scalable analytical solutions to address operational challenges and drive process improvements
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis in support of cross-functional stakeholders and executive management across all business functions
- Effectively communicate analytical findings to management and non-technical audiences
- Embed yourself with other teams across the company to understand the relevant questions and needs of the business, and use that to inform analysis
- BA/BS in a quantitative field
- 2+ years experience in analytical and decision support roles, preferably as a management consultant or at a data-driven product/technology company
- Experience translating complex business problems into analytical models
- Experience in leading insights & analytics related projects to investigate complex issues, identify and solve problems, and drive decision-making
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint/Google Slides skills
- Advanced experience with data acquisition tools (e.g., SQL) and large datasets
- Experience with Python and/or R
- Ability to turn analysis into actionable recommendations and effectively communicate them to various audiences
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to work in a self-guided manner
- Within 1 month, get up to speed on the analytical tools and data that we use and the products we deliver to our customers
- Within 2 months, analyze business processes and identify optimization opportunities
- Within 3 months, define roadmap for further analysis and experimentation, with input from Business Operations and Data Analytics teams
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.