The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
This role can be remote from a number of EMEA locations.
MongoDB is seeking a passionate Senior IT Security Engineer to help expand MongoDB’s IT Security Program and help us secure our IT infrastructure across the globe.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a key member of our IT Security Team. The MongoDB IT Security Team is responsible for driving compliance at the company and establishing trust that our workforce systems remain secure.
This is a critically important role to help scale out the IT Security program for a breakthrough company that is disrupting an $80B market. This position has significant growth potential and we’re looking for someone who is excited to take initiative and help secure our company. This position is based out of MongoDB’s Dublin office.
The right candidate for this role will have a strong background in securing corporate environments and meet these qualifications:
- 3-5 years of experience in an IT role at a 500 person or larger company
- 3-5 years of experience managing client operating systems with MDM software such as Jamf, WorkspaceONE, InTune, or similar
- A background in managing a highly distributed and remote fleet of Windows and macOS computers
- Experience managing OS updates on macOS and Windows
- Experience with at least one programming language including Bash, Python, Go, etc. and familiarity with building solutions that consume REST APIs
- Strong sense of security concepts including: defense in depth, zero-trust infrastructures, principle of least privilege, risks, and controls
- A passion for automating processes and making business functions more efficient
- An entrepreneurial spirit; you enjoy challenges across a broad range of disciplines
- Experience speaking with executives concerning security matters
- One or more professional-level AWS, GCP, or Azure certifications
- Experience building internal tooling (CI/CD, Git/Workflows, etc.)
- Hands-on experience configuring and operating tools to harden hosts in accordance with NIST standards and industry best practices
- Experience deploying and utilizing osquery to measure compliance across a heterogeneous fleet
- Experience with Automated Device Enrollment programs such as ABM / DEP or Windows Autopilot
- Experience in collecting and reporting KPIs and metrics including patch management, performance, and evaluation of the user experience to IT leadership
- Expertise securing network access with 802.1x and RADIUS
- Experience managing private key infrastructure (certificates, CAs, etc.)
- Experience with containerization technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- A record of implementing technical safeguards to meet regulatory requirements (PCI, HIPAA, FedRAMP)
The IT Security Engineer will be successful in this role when they can execute the following strategic tasks:
- People: Collaborate to secure our infrastructure and products with fellow engineers in various departments
- Organization: Ability to manage multiple parallel efforts and prioritize risk based upon understanding and interpreting business needs
- Communication: Successfully communicate your recommendations and rationale to both technical and semi-technical resources
- Research: Research modern approaches to offensive and defensive processes, tooling and techniques
- Creative: Find creative yet simple solutions to complex problems with technical requirements
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.