The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB Technical Services Escalation Engineers are at the forefront of problem solving with key customers on our most visible and escalated issues. They combine deep product knowledge and expertise across multiple domains, polished technical communications, and exceptional account leadership to rapidly develop customer confidence and positive outcomes, through clear presentation of complex technical details, authoritative guidance and recommendations, and timely, effective solutions. Our engineers combine their MongoDB expertise with passion, initiative, collaboration and a great sense of humour to achieve exceptional results for our customers.
We are looking to speak to candidates who are based in Dublin for our hybrid working model.
Why MongoDB is a fantastic place to work and build your career
- Be a part of the company that’s reinventing the database, focused on innovation and speed
- Enjoy a fun, inspiring culture that is engineering focused
- Work with exceptionally skilled people around the globe
- Learn, contribute, and make a positive impact on the product and community
- Help to establish a new team and function, and influence the future of MongoDB
Cool things you’ll do
MongoDB is on a mission to continue changing the way people think about databases. Along the way, our customers encounter questions and issues about how our approach to databases works for their use case. In Technical Services, it's our job to help our customers succeed with MongoDB. You'll be working alongside our largest customers, solving their complex issues - resolving questions on architecture, performance, recovery, security, and everything in between. You'll be an expert resource on the best way to run MongoDB at scale, whatever that scale may be. As an advocate for customers' needs, you will collaborate with our product management and development teams on their behalf. And you'll contribute to internal projects, including software development of support tools for performance, benchmarking, and diagnostics. Additionally, you will also mentor and ramp new team members, and take initiatives in building knowledge of new product lines within the MongoDB ecosystem.
What you need
You should have 7+ years of relevant experience. We consider all candidates, with an eye for those who are self-taught, insatiably curious, and multi-faceted.
It’s crucial for every candidate that they can check off all of these boxes
- Strong team partnerships: Understanding of when and how to seek help from team members, skill in choosing from and/or synthesizing potentially conflicting perspectives or approaches, and ability to lead in collaborative efforts
- Work across multi-functional teams to resolve extremely impactful customer issues
- Deep and nuanced experience working with customers in escalated situations
- Great communication and account leadership skills, with a good organizational understanding of customers
- Enjoy getting deeply involved in and taking ownership of tricky cases, and driving them through to resolution
- Able to quickly understand and communicate about customer workloads, use cases, and resiliency criteria, including performance, availability, and scalability
- Strong systems engineering and troubleshooting experience, including Linux performance, memory management, I/O tuning, configuration, security, networking, virtualization, clustering
- Storage engineering experience, including SAN, NAS, SSD, multi-pathing, caching, and tuning
- Experience building, maintaining, tuning, and troubleshooting sophisticated mission-critical production database systems
- Experience analyzing and pursuing issues holistically, from the client and application tiers, through the database, down to the storage, and any potentially unfamiliar corners in between
- Genuine desire to help people, and to increase their confidence and good will
- At your best when thinking on your feet, solving problems in real-time, and reducing pressure and anxiety through calm, authoritative technical leadership
- Experience managing large scale databases (e.g. RDBMS, NoSQL)
- Experience with authentication systems such as LDAP, Kerberos, AD
- Experience using or managing MongoDB
- Experience using distributed version control systems, and in particular git
- Experience using any cloud services stack such as AWS, Azure or GCP
- In 3 months, have gained a deep understanding of MongoDB and its ecosystem. You will complete New Hire Training
- In 6 months, be confident working frontline with our customers. You will also complete the MongoDB Certified DBA Associate exam
- In 12 months, be handling highly technical and escalated cases independently, ensuring customers are successful and happy with MongoDB
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.