The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
Building on the rapid success and adoption of MongoDB, we are delivering applications and services that make it easier and faster to scale database deployments. These next-generation applications currently include Cloud SaaS offerings, database visualization tool, BI connector, and on-prem database management. We’re passionate about building better tools for the better database.
Application and Integration (A&I) Technical Services team uses its exceptional problem solving and customer service skills, along with their deep technical experience, to advise customers and to solve their complex MongoDB problems. Technical Service Engineers are experts in putting the pieces together - whether that’s starting from scratch or inserting MongoDB into existing infrastructure. And work to ensure that MongoDB users are successful with our suite of MongoDB application-layer products. We’re looking for an engineering leader who gets the big picture of how “big data” and “web-scale” systems are successfully assembled and operated.
You will be a key leader of our elite Technical Services organization that supports MongoDB customers worldwide, with teams in locations like New York, Austin, Palo Alto, Sydney, Dublin and Tel Aviv.
We are looking to speak to candidates who are based in New York City for our hybrid working model.
Why MongoDB is a fantastic place to work and build your career
- Be a part of the company that’s reinventing the database, passionate about innovation and speed
- Enjoy a fun, inspiring culture that is engineering focused
- Work with exceptionally talented people around the globe
- Learn, contribute, and make an impact on the product and community
Who you are
- You have a genuine desire to help people succeed with our technology
- You have excellent interpersonal skills (both written and verbal are critical) as you will be working with users from all over the world with very diverse backgrounds, as well as with a highly technical engineering team
- You enjoy learning a wide variety of new technical skills
What you’ll do
As a team lead on the Applications and Integrations team in the Americas, you will:
- Drive customer success by guiding the team to solve fascinating customer technical problems, ranging from design through to production operations. This includes managing the team’s workflow, assisting on hands-on customer issues, and managing both internal and external escalations
- Work in conjunction with the team manager, assuming day-to-day operational responsibilities for a fast growing, distributed team, with team members across the Americas. This includes tasks such as hiring, training, mentoring, check-in meetings, and performance evaluations
- Contribute to internal technical projects, which can include software development, benchmarking, building documentation and training guides, and providing oversight on other engineers’ project work
- Represent MongoDB and Technical Services at meetups and conferences with the community of developers and technology leaders
- Ensure we are investing the right resources, addressing the right problems, and scaling the organization properly to fuel MongoDB's hyper-growth. This means you’ll also be expected to drive monthly and quarterly pain and bug reports to Engineering, improve operational workflows with internal teams at MongoDB, coordinate regional trainings, summits, and conferences, as well as focus on how to better address market demand for our products and services more broadly
What we’re looking for
Management skills, with hands-on experience leading, directly or indirectly, a small to mid sized team in a rapid-growth environment.
Patience, empathy, and a genuine desire to help others.
Strong diagnostic/troubleshooting process skills, with significant experience troubleshooting end-to-end technical issues in production environments.
Strong background in one or more of the following (ideally with some experience in the rest):
- Customer-facing experience in software or cloud services
- Software development/design
- Systems Administration, Linux preferred
- Database administration
- Performance tuning and benchmarking
- Configuration and usage of common cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Networking knowledge, including firewalls and load balancers
- Experience supporting hybrid cloud/on-premise software products.
- Experience using or running databases (like MongoDB) as a developer or DBA
- In 3 months, you'll complete product training, handle customer tickets and run stand-up meetings
- In 6 months, you'll act as a sounding board and mentor, promoting consistent, repeatable troubleshooting and diagnostic processes to investigate and resolve complex customer issues
- In 12 months, you'll handle production down customer escalations, conduct weekly 1:1 sync meetings with team members and manage product feedback to development teams
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.