The database market is massive and growing (the IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity. To help fuel this growth, we are hiring a Sales Compensation Design Manager.
The Sales Compensation Design Manager role is within MongoDB’s Sales Operations team. The Compensation Design Manager will partner with all other functions within Sales Operations as well as across the organization to develop, reassess and implement the compensation program for all selling tracks at MongoDB. This role will be tasked with program managing and leading the ongoing compensation evolution and year-over-year changes.
Central to the success of the Compensation Design Manager will be the ability to have a long range vision of impacts and ramifications of new proposals. The Design Manager will be responsible for making significant contributions to the success of MongoDB by enabling sales and sales leaders to make better business decisions and will be required to work closely with them to evaluate and gather feedback on proposed policy initiatives.
This role can be based out of our Boston or NYC office or remotely in the North East region.
- Project manage the year-over-year compensation changes process. This role will drive workflows across multiple stakeholders to completion
- Leverage a firm understanding of the companies key strategic goals to propose, revise, and implement comp plans
- Partner closely with sales strategy, commission operations, and finance teams to ensure comp plans are effective, operational and fiscally responsible
- Build out elegant processes that will scale as the company grows. Implement and build on existing automation processes
- Define and build operational guidelines around commission metrics. Prior crediting experience is a plus.
- Build slide decks that document all commissionable roles and their plan details to serve as a source of truth for business partners.
- Work with various teams throughout the business to support SPIFF requests. Digest objectives and propose SPIFF criteria and operational execution to achieve desired goals.
- Establish a deep understanding of all commissionable roles and their GTM strategies.
- BA/BS degree; MBA preferred
- 5+ years experience in a related field of Sales Compensation, Sales Operations, or Consulting
- Experience working in Salesforce or similar CRM environment
- Experience with Xactly, Callidus, or other commission software
- GSuite familiarity, including: GSlides, GSheets, Gdocs
- Excellent verbal and written communication as well as receptive listening skills, with ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to a wide variety of audiences
- Ability to make strategic insights from data
- Excellent team player who is able to collaborate with virtual, global, and cross-functional teams
- Extremely high attention to detail
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.