The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
Write software that powers MongoDB University, which is used by hundreds of thousands of developers around the world.
MongoDB University delivers high-quality online courses to over 800,000 students around the world. The University Platform team builds the tools that powers these courses, and we’re looking for an experienced Software Engineer to help our close knit team.
You are a product-focused engineer who is adept at crafting maintainable code. You work well in a team and have the expertise to get the job done while remaining respectful in your approach. You are genuinely interested in finding the best solution for users and earnestly consider differing viewpoints while leaving your ego aside.
The right candidate for this role will have
- 2+ years experience writing code in an api framework (FastAPI, Django, Flask, Spring Web, Express, etc)
- A desire to customize and adapt to an out of the box system
- A desire to learn and help shape our coding practices
- Experience actively participating in constructive and respectful code reviews
- Knowledge of web best practices (security, accessibility, etc)
- The ability to write tests and provide support for the code you write
- The ability to perform complex programming tasks and make well-reasoned design decisions and tradeoffs
- Experience with design systems
- Attention to detail and design sensibilities
These are nice to haves
- Experience with MongoDB or other NoSQL databases
- Experience with MySQL or other relational databases
- Experience with AWS, Kubernetes, or other cloud platforms
- An interest in online education
- Participate in code reviews
- Design and implement software components based on product and design requirements
- Collaborate with other engineers and product managers to deliver new features and products for MongoDB University
- Within 3 months
- You’re familiar with our codebase, our development practices, our tools, and processes
- You will have contributed to at least one major project
- You’ve written tests for our backend components
- Within 6 months
- Taken on a well scoped project
- Given a well defined task, you can drive it to completion independently
- Within 12 months
- You’ve developed and shipped a project from concept to production
- You’ve provided guidance to other team members
This role can be based out of the New York Office or remotely on the East Coast.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.