The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
Are you looking for the chance to lead and expand the most skilled and engaged developer community in the world? We’re looking for a Director level candidate to lead our Developer Advocacy, this is a global role covering North America and Europe. You’ll report directly to the World Wide Director of Developer Advocacy. You will work closely with your peers in Engineering, Product Management, Sales, Support, and Marketing.
About You, the Role, and the Team
As a Director, you’ll set the vision and mission with your teams. You will use your skills and experience to guide your leadership team, inspire your org, and make a lasting impact at MongoDB and in the wider developer community. You’ll lead and grow a globally distributed organisation focusing on the experience of developers using our products to solve problems, gain insights, and build fantastic apps.
Your organisation will plan, develop, implement, and collect feedback on content, events, design, and tools. You’ll be responsible for engaging with:
- Cloud Partners: Ensure your team is developing relationships, joint content plans and collaboration with our key Cloud Partners
- Technical Partners: Ensure your team is developing relationships, joint content plans and collaboration with our key Technical Partners (e.g. Confluent, ApolloGraphQL, Prisma)
- Language Communities: Ensure our key language communities are fully aware of how MongoDB can be used with their language of choice (e.g. Node.js, Python, Java, C#, Rust, Go)
- MongoDB Community: Help build a community of MongoDB users both on our own platform and third party communities (e.g. StackOveflow)
This role will be based remotely in North America.
You’re a great candidate if you...
- Are passionate about attracting, teaching, and delighting developers at all levels of experience
- Can build developer communities founded on long-term loyalty and trust
- Can think strategically, with long-term vision, while collaboratively building and executing plans that have short-term impact
- Have a service-oriented approach to leadership, and a highly collaborative working style
- Are excellent at empowering your teams with vision and strategy, delegating projects and responsibilities, and holding them accountable with clear expectations of needed results
- Are comfortable speaking with analysts and the media
- Enjoy coaching and growing people to their full potential through empowerment and goal-sharing
- Can work effectively with a diverse group of stakeholders at the VP and C-level
- Can write clearly and concisely
- Have personal experience as a developer
- Led a developer relations function or similar (e.g. pre-sales, customer success) for 3+ years
- Hold a degree in computer science or engineering, or equivalent experience
- Have experience in community building and developer advocacy
- Focused on impact with proven project management skills to lead teams to create goals, work towards them, and measure the results
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.