The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB, we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
Building on the rapid success and adoption of MongoDB, we are delivering applications and services that make it much easier to manage and scale database deployments. These next-generation systems are a growing list and currently include products such as Atlas, Cloud Manager and Compass to name a few.
Cloud Support Engineers are a key part of our elite Technical Services organization that supports MongoDB customers worldwide, with teams in locations including New York, Austin, Palo Alto, Sydney, Delhi, Dublin and Tel Aviv. We are also considering experienced remote workers.
Our engineers can tell you how MongoDB’s Technical Services Team is Solving Complex Technical Challenges or what life in Cloud Support is like. If you’re passionate about the opportunity to get comfortable working with the cloud every single day and be part of a team that works at the frontier of SaaS services and distributed database systems, this is the role for you.
Why MongoDB is a fantastic place to work and build your career
- Be a part of the company that’s reinventing the database, focused on innovation and speed
- Enjoy a fun, inspiring culture that is engineering focused
- Work with talented people around the globe
- Learn, contribute, and make an impact on the product and community
This role can be based out of one of our offices (NYC, Austin, Palo Alto) or remotely in North America. This is a full time position with the requirement to work partial weekends (Sunday through Thursday).
As a Cloud Support Engineer, you’ll be advising customers on strategies and documented practices for making best use of our cloud products. This will require you to translate technical concepts and patterns into generalist’s terms for our customers, helping them understand, install, and use those applications effectively. You’ll also troubleshoot application problems and be an advocate for our users’ needs, collaborating with the MongoDB product management and development teams on their behalf.
You will utilize your exceptional analytical skills and customer service to ensure that MongoDB users are successful with our suite of MongoDB application-layer products. We’re looking for individuals who want to dig into the details of how “big data” and “web-scale” systems are successfully assembled and operated every day by organizations of every size and flavor.
- As a Cloud Support Engineer, you will:
- Support our strategic customers, focus on day-to-day resolution and proactively drive progress.
- Work closely with your team and our customers to identify, characterize, solve & recover from problems raised to the Technical Support team.
- Resolve technical issues through diligent research, reproduction, and troubleshooting, log and server analysis using industry standard as well as bespoke in house developed tools
- Build standard methodologies for technical troubleshooting across different technologies, and craft Knowledge Articles that contribute to our self-serve support portal
- Review and test new features before they are publicly available.
- Proactively identify improvement to business processes and policies to solve problems and get things done.
- Be an advocate for customers’ needs.
- Gather feedback from customers and redirect it to engineering, product, sales and marketing teams to improve our products.
- Act as focal point and technical subject-matter-expert for assigned customers and their application deployments in Atlas.
What are we looking for
We consider all candidates with an eye for those who are self taught, curious, and multi-faceted. Our ideal associate candidate should also have:
- Prior working experience in one of the three Cloud Providers (AWS, GCP or Azure)
- Advanced experience with Operating System and Networking Core concepts
- Solid fundamentals in Linux, Networking, and Diagnostics
- Familiarity with the Linux command line and monitoring tools
- Fundamental understanding one or more of the following database: MongoDB, ElasticSearch, MySQL, Postgres, DynamoDB, MS SQL Server
- Working knowledge in a few of the following topics: IAM, Federated Authentication, SSO, SAML, Encryption, Security, APIs, Disaster Recovery and Backup.
- Experience with basic platforms/softwares such as JIRA, Confluence and Github
- A B.Tech / B.S. or equivalent work experience; if you don’t have a Computer Science degree, but think you can do the job, apply anyway!
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Patience, empathy and a genuine desire to help people
- Ability to think on your feet, remain calm under pressure, and solve problems in real-time
Good to have
- Certifications - RHCE, Cloud Provider Certifications
- Previous Support Experience
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.