The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB, we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing applications that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years.
We like to say, “Come to MongoDB and get your Masters in Sales” where we spend 7x the industry average on Account Executives enablement. We’re investing in ways to not only attract, hire, and develop top talent but also ensure our Account Executives are set up for long-term success on their individual career paths and have fun during the process.
This role will be located mainly remote in Sao Paulo, Brazil and our principal Sales Hub is located in Austin, TX.
Come join our team and be at the forefront of what we believe is the perfect blend of career opportunity, innovative technology, and top-tier enablement!
At MongoDB, the Growth team is an organization of account executives with deep account management, technical & consultatives skills focused on creating deeper relationships, growing revenue spend and proactively work in new potential applications with our existing customers.
Our Growth AE role is focused on value selling, champion-building, executive level relationships, positioning our MongoDB cloud (atlas) and OnPrem subscriptions as well as MongoDB Professional Services, hunting new applications and new lines of business to grow our customer installed base.
Our LATAM team started 2 years ago and we now have over 30 sales professionals focused on this region. We continue to see more and more adoption within our prospects and principal customers from diverse industries such as Banking, Fintechs, Insurance, High Tech, Telecommunications, Retail and Government who can leverage our solutions to develop faster and more efficiently in this new era and we are doing it in their language and closer to them more than ever.
According to the IDC, there are over 500 million new applications being built over the next 5 years and you would be tasked with working close to your customers to successfully launch and expand MongoDB landscape in our top customers.
You will be primarily up-selling and cross-selling our MongoDB Atlas platform, the most advanced cloud database service on the market available on the major 3 cloud providers (AWS, Azure and Google Cloud), you have the opportunity to directly influence MongoDB’s upward growth trajectory.
Day to Day
- Cultivate sales through outbound prospecting and inbound leads from current customers
- Expand your customer network → Prospect into CTOs, Engineering/IT leaders, and technical end users
- Meet and exceed individual monthly, quarterly, and annual quota targets
- Manage the full sales cycle, from contact to contract, for both MongoDB Cloud Subscriptions and Professional Services
- Manage Pipeline generation and Forecast using Salesforce and Clari in a weekly cadence to maintain a healthy business (Short, medium and long term)
- Handle complex negotiations (conversions, early renewals, consulting services, among others) and value selling through compelling events for your customers.
- Manage your customers cloud spend and detect signals for upsell and cross-sell opportunities
- Leverage and Collaborate with the Sales ecosystem like the Leadership Team, Marketing, Cloud Partners, System Integrators, Account Development, Solution Architects, and others.
What you bring to the table
- 1+ years of full sales cycle closing experience, ideally with Installed Base customers (Account Management experience)
- Portuguese as your Native Language
- Advanced/Fluent English and have experience using it in a professional environment.
- Experience working with different Latin American countries and cultures.
- Familiarity with software, cloud, database, infrastructure, or open-source technology a plus (NOT a requirement)
- Demonstrated history of consistent goal achievement in highly competitive environment (top 10% performer)
- Excellent presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated success with cold calling and creative pipeline generation strategies - Embrace Pipeline Generation in a day to day basis
- Sales Methodology training (e.g. MEDDIC, SPIN, Challenger Sales) is a plus
- College degree in Engineering/Business or equivalent work experience
Why You Should Apply
- Massive market opportunity (doubling in size by 2025) + industry-leading product leads to uncapped earning potential and career opportunities.
- Exploding the emerging LATAM Market.
- Work with different customers across LATAM, enjoy the ride with multiple cultures and types of customers
- We are leading the charge when it comes to the intersection of product-led growth and sales-led execution
- Great earnings potential due to realistic success metrics and quota
- Restricted stock options for new hires and a high competitive Employee Stock Purchasing Program
- Welcoming and inclusive workplace - Meet MongoDB’s Employee Affinity Groups! Find out more here.
- Continuous career development
- Sales training in MEDDPICC and Command of the Message
- MongoDB Onboarding Sales Bootcamp (Product, Sales Process, GTM, Partners, etc.)
- Internal mentor and buddy programs (Commercial and Technical)
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunity employer.