The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
We not only view our product as our competitive advantage, but also our sales organization. We invest over $40K in every salesperson in their first year, more than 6x industry standard – via training, tools, and enablement, and we are excited to work with only the best talent, accepting less than 1% of applicants for sales roles.
At MongoDB the Sales Development organization is responsible for driving new business opportunities and expanding market share through a qualified pipeline, as well as driving the business forward by developing the next generation of top closers. As the Sales Development Manager you will be responsible for delivering both revenue and talent for our business. You will focus on the Recruitment, Enablement and Execution of your team to assure the continued successful trajectory of this strategically important department.
MongoDB's tremendous growth and scale will expose you to career-changing experiences, people and skills. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to impact the disruption of a $40b industry and technology as a whole.
You’ll have the opportunity to
- Build winning teams through Attracting, Hiring and Developing the world’s best SDRs
- Enable your team to relentlessly prospect, identify and qualify sales pipeline through your coaching and mentoring on topics including; courageous qualification, prospecting techniques, phone skills, and strategic engagement with Account Executives
- Collaborate with Marketing, Field and Inside Sales to ensure we capitalize on the massive market opportunity ahead of us
- Provide actionable feedback and solutions to improve systems, processes and tools
- Optimize and industrialize how sales handles what marketing generates as well as how your team generates pipeline into cold accounts, putting instrumentation in place for constant assessment, diagnosis and required actions
- Build out a team of Sales Development reps and help them engage customers across ASEAN and ANZ
- Join the leadership team early giving you the opportunity to build the SDR Program from the ground up, have high visibility to the CRO and CEO and have a major impact on the entire company
- Attend global leadership training events and strengthen your leadership muscle
- A true passion for sales & technology - we want leaders who love what they do and inspire their team
- Strong experience in SaaS sales and closing new business
- Demonstrated history of consistent goal achievement in a highly competitive environment (top 10% performer)
- Previous experience leading a team
- Written and spoken fluency in English, additional ASEAN language a plus
- Energetic, upbeat, entrepreneurial, tenacious team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with database, web server, and open source technology a plus
Interviewing is not an easy thing and can feel very alien to many people. There are some things we’d like you to know if you are considering working with us.
- Most importantly: WE WANT YOU TO SUCCEED. Our aim is not to catch you or make life difficult. When we interview, we’re trying to figure out a couple of things
- Would you be successful if you were part of our team
- Would you love working here and be a positive influence in our team
- Would you be able to grow and become more during your time here
- We aim to provide a lot of feedback through our interview process, usually directly in the interview. We love working with people who are always trying to better themselves. Hopefully, you will gain a lot of positive experience through this but if not we’d love your feedback
- When you’re preparing to interview (either with us or someone else), you’ll often be sharing stories of your past. A great way to frame this is with the STAR model: Situation, Task, Action, Result. This allows you to succinctly share the experiences you’ve gained
- We’re looking for people with a passion for technology. Make sure you invest some time in learning about MongoDB, the industry we operate in, what we offer and how that sets us apart
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.