The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB is the top tier modern, general-purpose database platform, crafted to ignite the power of software and data for developers and the applications they build. Developers around the world are using MongoDB to build software to create new businesses, modernize existing businesses, and transform the lives of millions of people around the world.
Headquartered in New York, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, MongoDB has more than 17,000 customers, which include some of the largest and most sophisticated businesses in nearly every vertical industry, in over 100 countries.
We're looking for hardworking, driven Corporate Account Executives who will be responsible for prospecting within an assigned territory to uncover new opportunities. These technical & consultative reps will identify, cultivate, and close opportunities with both new and existing customers, run forecasts, and track customer data. This role is focused on champion-building, positioning professional services, hunting new applications, and upselling on the MongoDB Atlas platform.
Day to Day
- Develop new business by driving sales in their existing accounts as well as new Accounts Developing and executing account plans to achieve targets: Cold calling, prospecting, qualification, account mapping, and presentations Effectively utilize sales tools for pipeline development, tracking opportunity progress (Forecasting), developing monthly, quarterly level forecasts
- Responsible for all aspects of the selling process - Identify, Qualify, Sell, Close and Coordinate for all volume business in a designated territory Generate leads by using networking and other sales tools Qualify, Sell and Close Identify key steps to close the sale, identify the decision-maker and influencers, etc
- Determine Availability needs and Objectives Gain agreement of proposed solution / Services, tying back to customer business drivers
- Close significant $ sales across multiple Accounts across assigned territory Accurate Forecasting of business, previous experience with Salesforce.com ideal
What you bring to the table
- 2 + years of complex full cycle sales closing experience
- Familiarity with software, databases, infrastructure, or open source technology is required
- Demonstrated history of consistent goal achievement in a highly competitive environment (top 10% performer)
- Excellent presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated success with cold calling and creative pipeline generation strategies
- Previous Sales Methodology training (e.g. MEDDIC, SPIN, Challenger Sales) a plus
- College degree or equivalent work experience
Why You Should Apply
- Massive market opportunity (doubling in size by 2025) + industry-leading product leads to uncapped earning potential and career opportunities
- We are leading the charge when it comes to the intersection of product-led growth and sales-led execution
- Great earning potential
- Restricted stock options for new hires and competitive Employee Stock Purchasing Program
- Welcoming and inclusive workplace - Meet MongoDB’s Employee Affinity Groups! Find out more here
- Continuous career development
- Sales training in MEDDPICC and Command of the Message
- MongoDB Onboarding Sales Bootcamp
- Internal mentor and buddy programs
We are remote optional through April 4, 2022. The preferred location for this role is in our Sydney, Australia office.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
*MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer*