The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Global Deal Strategy function, specializing in Cloud Marketplace deals. This position will play a key role in enabling large, strategic opportunities and provide critical support to the Global Sales organization that will drive efficiencies, profitability and stronger controls. This is a tremendous opportunity for someone who enjoys the challenge of working with a first-class team in a high growth environment and is relentless in their pursuit of excellence. You will join a fantastic team and work closely with the Global Deal Strategy team located across the world.
We are remote optional through April 4, 2022 afterwards this role will be in-office in our Dublin office long-term.
- Be a critical member of the global team that acts as a key enabler of deal formation and execution with a focus on minimizing sales cycle times while optimizing revenue, profitability, and/or market share based on business priorities.
- Be the subject matter expert for all Marketplace related deals, working closely with the internal Cloud Pillar team and the external Cloud providers.
- Assist with non-standard deal requests, structuring complex deals, driving cross-functional and cross collaboration solutions
- Lead and provide sales enablement on all Marketplace related programs and initiatives
- Work on continuous process improvements and drive efficiencies in relation to Marketplace deals and systems
- Establish metrics and consistency of practices across geographies
- Enjoys working with Sales and other Business Partners
- Business degree
- 7+ years software industry experience (Deal Desk/Deal Strategy experience preferred but not necessary, you will be trained)
- Excellent business acumen and proven ability in commercial negotiations
- Experience in working with Cloud partners/ Marketplace deals a strong advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills along with ability to demonstrate practical judgment in complex situations
- Enjoys working in a team environment
- Good knowledge of MS Excel & Salesforce
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.