The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
We're looking for talented Cloud Account Executives who will be responsible for both driving consumption across our self-serve cloud customers as well as closing new business within assigned accounts. The Cloud Account Executives will nurture and drive increased adoption and expansion within existing customers, as well as sell to new customers. The Cloud Account Executives will work with internal departments to improve the velocity of business and to create solutions that serve the best interests of our customers at MongoDB. Join a growing sales team with tremendous upside for growth. We value high aptitude and great attitude over experience, so if you feel like you are the right fit for this dynamic team, please contact us.
We are remote optional through April 4, 2022 afterwards this role will be in-office in our Austin office long-term. (3-5 days/week)
Day to Day
- Meet and exceed individual monthly and quarterly sales goals by executing against MongoDB's strategy to grow usage of our DBaaS, Atlas
- Drive incremental consumption and retention within existing accounts by identifying new use cases and enabling feature adoption
- Cultivate new logos through inbound leads driven by MongoDB's rapidly growing presence in the largest software market in the world - Database
- Become trusted advisor to help improve overall product engagement and meet your customer's business objectives and growth plans
- Create, strengthen and expand relationships within customer accounts that will create greater visibility and grow the partnership between MongoDB and your account's C-level execs
- You will be enabled to strategically navigate numerous industries with a data driven discovery and sales process to help land and expand customer workloads
What you bring to the table
- 1 year of experience in Sales; database or software preferred
- Demonstrated history of consistent goal achievement in a highly competitive environment in relevant industry (top 10% performer)
- Energetic, upbeat, entrepreneurial, tenacious team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working within a quota and commission structure
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Intellectually curious, Coachable, High EQ and driven to build a career at MongoDB
Things we love
- Familiarity with database, developer personas, and open source technology
- Working experience with sales tech stack tools like Salesforce.com, Outreach, and Chorus.ai
Why You Should Apply
- Industry leading ramp and onboarding process for Cloud AE’s that prioritizes development
- High Earning Potential
- Welcoming and inclusive workplace Meet MongoDB’s Employee Affinity Groups!
- Continuous career development
- Sales training in MEDDPIC and Command of the Message
- Benefits include:
- Sales Bootcamp
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Restricted Stock Options for New Hires and Competitive Employee Stock Purchasing Program
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.