The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB seeks an experienced back-end software engineer to help level-up the Engineering Corps and grow its enterprise tools offerings by orders of magnitude. Central to MongoDB’s ability to provide a myriad of technical resources to all company employees, the Engineering Corps’ responsibility is to realize and develop internal technical solutions for individual employees, teams, departments, and the company as a whole. The team is comprised of front-end and back-end engineers with a large breadth of expertise and experience, and a track record of timely delivery and delighted customers.
Our ideal candidate
- Has 5+ years experience developing awesome software and APIs (Python an absolute must, React a super-nice-to-have)
- Experience building fault tolerant microservice architectures
- Is a Linux wiz familiar and comfortable with CI/CD strategies and tooling, e.g. k8s, Drone, or similar
- Is pragmatic, detail-oriented, and self-motivated
- Builds great things alone, but the greatest things in collaboration with others
- Design, build, and operate internal tools and services that are reliable, scalable, and observable
- Investigate gaps and limitations in existing tooling and develop well-thought-out long-term solutions
- Regularly review application code
- Author and review functional specifications and scoping documents for proposed projects
- Have lots of fun doing all of the above things
- In three months you will have familiarized yourself with much of our application portfolio, make regular contributions, and help to resolve incidents
- In six months you will have successfully investigated, scoped, executed, and documented a small to medium sized project
- In a year you will have made a number of sizable contributions to our code base that significantly improve the quality, reliability, and maintainability of our systems
This role can be based out of a MongoDB office or remotely in the North America region.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.