The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
This position can sit in our Dublin, Barcelona, Madrid, Copenhagen or Berlin office, or remotely in Europe.
The Infrastructure Engineering team is responsible for building and maintaining a self-service internal development platform that enables MongoDB engineering teams to reliably deploy and operate their own services and products. We work with numerous engineering teams across the company to understand their infrastructure requirements and development workflows, develop broadly applicable self-service platform services and tooling, continuously monitor how platform services are being utilized, and look for ways to improve developer productivity through automation and education.
We are big open source enthusiasts and use a number of open source tools in our stack (contributing upstream whenever possible). Some of the tools we use regularly include Go, AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform, Helm, Drone, Prometheus, and Grafana. However, technology is nothing without a stellar team of engineers that are focused on doing high quality work and working as a team to solve problems. This is where you come in!
Our ideal candidate:
- Pragmatic, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and understands the benefits of collaboration.
- Comfortable writing code in Java, Python, Golang or Ruby etc, and using git. If you're not familiar with Golang, you will be given the opportunity to learn this on the job.
- Familiar with software engineering principles, dependency injection, composition, and test driven development.
- Able to perform deep technical analysis and fix applications, systems, and networks.
- Strong Linux and TCP/IP networking skills.
- Working knowledge of cloud infrastructure.
- Experience with configuration management tools and managing infrastructure through code.
- Familiar with CI/CD workflows and tooling.
- Experience running containers in a production environment.
- Work with engineering teams across MongoDB to investigate gaps and limitations in existing infrastructure and understand new infrastructure requirements.
- Design self-service platform services and developer tooling that focuses on reliability, usability, and provides the appropriate level of abstraction from cloud infrastructure.
- Regularly write and review automation, configuration management, and application code.
- Author and review functional specifications and scoping documents for large platform projects and services.
- Own and operate much of the platform infrastructure that runs MongoDB.
- Work on a distributed team that frequently interacts with remote engineers across multiple time zones (primarily PST/EST/GMT).
- In three months you’ll have familiarized yourself with much of our environment and will be able to whiteboard important pieces of our platform on the fly. You will also be making regular contributions to our tooling/services and jumping in to help resolve incidents and respond to user requests.
- In six months you’ll have successfully investigated, scoped, executed, and documented a medium to large sized platform project.
- In a year you’ll have used your deep knowledge of our software and infrastructure to help drive platform adoption across the company. You will also be a subject matter expert in at least one component of our platform, and will have made a number of sizable contributions to our code base that significantly improve the quality, reliability and maintainability of our systems.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.