The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
We’re looking for a hardworking, driven individual with superb energy, passion and initiative for new business acquisition. The ISV Account Executive role focuses exclusively on formulating and executing a sales strategy within an assigned territory, resulting in revenue growth and new customer acquisition.
The Account Executive will be part of a brand new Business Division focused on selling to Independent Software Vendors (ISVs). This team of sellers will work with the world’s largest ISVs and convince them to re-platform off legacy databases as they move their products to hybrid cloud such SaaS and on-premise The team will be focused on helping these ISVs both adopt our products (sell-to ISV) as well as co-sell with them to joint end customers in the field (sell-with ISV).
MongoDB, as a Database platform, gets a unique leveraged effect when working with ISVs. This is one of the reasons we are investing in a dedicated sales organization to capture this market.
By joining this team, as one of our first Sales Executives, you will have a unique opportunity in terms of learnings, earnings and career advancement.
MongoDB is always changing and innovating — not only in our technology, but also in our sales go-to-market strategy. Our sales leadership is committed to building the best salesforce in technology. This means, inspiring and enabling success for everyone on the team. We not only equip you to be successful and close deals, but we want your feedback and input on how we can continue to “Think Big and Go Far.” As a crucial part of the Sales team at MongoDB, you will have access to a lucrative market and learn how to sell from some of the most successful sales leaders in the software industry.
This role will be based remotely in Texas.
- Proactively prospect, identify, qualify and develop a sales pipeline
- Close business to meet and exceed monthly, quarterly and annual objectives (Bookings & Design Wins)
- Build strong and effective relationships, resulting in growth opportunities
- Lead large and complex sales cycles at C-Level
- Participate in our sales enablement trainings, including our comprehensive Sales Bootcamp, sophisticated sales training, and leadership and development programs
- Work closely with the Professional Services team to achieve customer satisfaction
- BA/BS required
- 5+ years field experience of quota-carrying experience in a fast-paced and competitive market with a focus on new business
- Demonstrated ability to articulate the business value of complex enterprise technology
- A track record of overachievement and hitting sales targets.
- Skilled in building business champions and running a complex sales process
- Previous Sales Methodology training (e.g. MEDDIC, SPIN, Challenger Sales)
- Familiarity with ISV space, databases and open source technology a plus
- Driven and competitive: Possess a strong desire to be successful
- Skilled in managing time and resources; sound approach to qualifying opportunities
- Possess aptitude to learn quickly and establish credibility. High EQ and self-aware
- Passionate about growing your career in the largest market in software (database) and developing and maintaining an in-depth understanding of MongoDB products
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.