The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
About the role
We’re looking for a hardworking, driven individual with incredible energy, passion, and initiative for new business acquisitions. The Manager for strategic cloud pursuits will serve as a big deal maker across these teams and diverse industries with an end goal of growing pipeline, accelerating time to close, and increasing opportunity size. In addition, our program will give you access to the most senior sales leaders at Google.
This individual will be responsible for developing a strategy to generate an incremental pipeline via our partnership with GC, increase sales productivity, accelerate the sales cycle and close business leveraging funding programs with Google.
Leadership opportunity within 12 months as we scale the team.
About the Sales Culture
MongoDB is constantly developing and innovating — not only in our technology but also in our Sales go-to-market strategy. Our Sales leadership team is committed to building the best salesforce in technology. This means inspiring and enabling success for everyone on the team. We not only equip you to be successful and close deals, but we also want your feedback and input on how we can continue to “Think Big and Go Far.” As a crucial part of the Sales team at MongoDB, you will have access to a lucrative market and learn how to sell from some of the most successful Sales leaders in the software industry.
This role is remote optional until April 4, 2022, we are looking to speak to candidates who plan to be available in our New York City office for when we introduce our hybrid model.
What you will be doing
- Own, on behalf of VP WW Strategic Cloud Pursuits, the Google program on strategic deals in North America
- Generate strategic joint Pipe with Google sales team and Support Direct salesforce
- Put in place a Prospecting program and motion in partnership with Google ecosystem focused on MongoDB ‘Pod’ and Large Enterprise mapped to Google Select & Enterprise Accounts
- Responsible for Managing the Strategic deals generated from greenfield accounts in partnership with the MongoDB field sales, partners and Google sales teams until closing
- Interlock with Global Pillar team for backup, support and pipeline generation
- Own Quota for Google Cloud Partners
- Forecast: Sales Net New ACV to VP weekly
- Reporting line to VP WW Strategic Cloud Pursuits
- Base Salary + Variable (100% tied to Partner Sourced Quota by Area)
What you will bring to the table
- 6 + years in a direct strategic sales role or as manager for a high technology company o
- Solid experience in generating pipeline from greenfield accounts
- Experience in working in a heavy sales matrix model
- Technically knowledgeable in the open-source software, big data, IoT, or cloud computing space
Things we love
- Passionate about growing your career in the largest market in software (database)
- Previous sales methodology training (e.g. MEDDIC, SPIN, Challenger Sales)
- Familiarity with databases develops and open source technology is a plus
Why join now
- The strategic cloud pursuits team that this role would be part of is one of the most critical LOB to help MongoDB reach its next milestone
- MongoDB makes an enormous investment in sales enablement and development invests in 8x the industry average in the development of each of our new hires, Sales employees & continuous career development
- Accelerators up to 30%
- Best in breed sales training in MEDDIC and Command of the Message, including our comprehensive Sales Bootcamps and development programs
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Generous and competitive benefits (parental leave, fertility & wellbeing support)
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture - Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.