The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB, we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing applications that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years.
We like to say, “Come to MongoDB and get your Masters in Sales” where we spend 7x the industry average on rep enablement. We’re investing in ways to not only attract, hire, and develop top talent but also ensure our Account Executives are set up for long-term success on their individual career paths.
Come join our team and be at the forefront of what we believe is the perfect blend of career opportunity, innovative technology, and top-tier enablement!
We are remote optional through April 4, 2022. The preferred location for this role is in our Austin, TX office but we are open to candidates in Boston, Atlanta, Chicago, Washington DC, New York City, San Francisco, Dallas, Denver, and Raleigh.
We’re looking for reps that are hungry to sell into the next up-and-coming companies in North America that are disruptive within their respective industries. We have over 200M downloads and work with innovative corporate companies like Boxed, Flowhub, Current, and others that are levering our technology every single day.
According to the IDC, there are over 500 million new applications being built over the next 5 years and you would be tasked with landing a high volume of those quality new logos.
Primarily selling the MongoDB Atlas platform, the most advanced cloud database service on the market, you have the opportunity to directly influence MongoDB’s upward growth trajectory.
Day to Day
- Cultivate sales through outbound prospecting and inbound leads
- Prospect into CTOs, Engineering/IT leaders, and technical end users
- Meet and exceed individual monthly, quarterly, and annual New Logo targets
- Manage the full sales cycle for both Atlas and Professional Services
- Manage a sales pipeline in Salesforce and Clari while maximizing prospecting tools such as Sales Navigator, ZoomInfo, Sendoso, and Outreach
- Handle quote creation and order processing
- Collaborate with the Sales ecosystem like Marketing, Account Development, Solutions Architects, and others.
What you bring to the table
- 1+ years of full cycle sales closing experience
- Familiarity with software, database, infrastructure, or open source technology a plus (NOT a requirement)
- Demonstrated history of consistent goal achievement in highly competitive environment (top 10% performer)
- Excellent presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated success with cold calling and creative pipeline generation strategies
- Previous Sales Methodology training (e.g. MEDDIC, SPIN, Challenger Sales) a plus
- College degree or equivalent work experience
Why You Should Apply
- Massive market opportunity (doubling in size by 2025) + industry-leading product leads to uncapped earning potential and career opportunities.
- We are leading the charge when it comes to the intersection of product-led growth and sales-led execution
- Great earning potential
- Restricted stock options for new hires and competitive Employee Stock Purchasing Program
- Welcoming and inclusive workplace - Meet MongoDB’s Employee Affinity Groups! Find out more here.
- Continuous career development
- Sales training in MEDDPICC and Command of the Message
- MongoDB Onboarding Sales Bootcamp
- Internal mentor and buddy programs
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.