The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
Partnering with stakeholders within the analytics team, the post-sales support team, as well as with other teams around the business, this role will surface key insights to drive business decision making. This role requires someone with strong analytical and technical skills, operational experience driving efficiencies, and who is comfortable working across multiple functional areas in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
We are remote optional through April 4, 2022. Afterwards this role will be in-office 3 days a week in our New York City office long-term.
- Serve as analytical and technical thought-partner to stakeholder teams, helping to develop actionable insights out of a wide expanse of customer and product data
- Define KPIs that allow the business to better understand trends and opportunities
- Design and build automated dashboards to empower stakeholders to self-serve their data and analytical needs
- Write and maintain complex queries to conduct deep-dive analyses aimed at improving operational performance and customer experience
- Leverage understanding of statistics to conduct analyses that help partner teams make quicker, more informed decisions
- Work closely with Data Architecture and Data Engineering teams to help create and optimize custom views and tables to enable reporting
- Make the team more efficient: Research and implement new tooling/processes; seek out and automate existing costly manual processes
Skills & Attributes
- 3+ years of hands-on analytics experience, ideally at a software company
- Advanced SQL skills and proficiency with either Python or R
- Ability to query, transform and analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations
- Experience creating automated dashboards designed for user self-service, ideally in Tableau
- Knowledge of applied statistics and experience with regression analysis
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and set priorities with key stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Effective at communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to work in a self-guided manner
- Committed to contributing to a collaborative, enjoyable, and psychologically safe work environment
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.