The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
This role is remote optional until April 4, 2022, we are looking to speak to candidates who plan to be available in Amsterdam for when we introduce our hybrid model.
About the role
We’re looking for a hardworking, driven leader with superb energy, passion and initiative to lead a highly talented Enterprise sales team. The Enterprise Account Executive Team concentrates exclusively on formulating and executing a sales strategy within assigned territories, resulting in revenue growth and new customer acquisition.
About the Sales Culture
As the Regional Director with a focus on recruitment, enablement and execution for the UK Enterprise Sales team, you will drive revenue and assure the continued successful trajectory of the territory. With a people-first culture, which is echoed throughout the whole company, managing and leading our team is top of mind. Our sales leadership is committed to building the best salesforce in technology, with a legendary reputation of excellence and integrity. This means, inspiring and enabling success for everyone on the team. We provide the opportunity for all RDs to sit with their peers and collectively learn from each other about how to better develop our people, recruit, retain, and use our data to get the best results for and from our people. All of us are committed to working hard in order to build something unparalleled in the industry.
What you will be doing
- Have an in-depth and detailed understanding of MongoDB products to confidently provide mentorship for your Enterprise Sales team
- Enable, develop and empower your team to proactively prospect, identify, qualify, and build sales pipeline
- Coach the team to close business and to navigate complex negotiations and organisations
- Evangelize our validated sales methodology MEDDIC and drive adoption and expertise within your team
- Actively recruit Account Executives for your team, according to MongoDB’s hiring criteria
- Onboard and ramp new Account Executives and accelerate their productive capacity
- Foster strong and effective relationships, resulting in growth opportunities
- Run weekly forecast meetings
- Scale, strategically plan, and develop sales territories
What you will bring to the table
- Experience recruiting and managing a highly successful and talented direct software sales team while driving them towards success
- 5+ years field experience of quota-carrying experience in a fast-paced and competitive market with a focus on closing net new logos
- Demonstrated ability to open new accounts and run a complex sales process
- A proven track record of overachievement and hitting sales targets
- Ability to articulate the business value of complex enterprise technology
- Skilled in building business champions
- Driven and competitive. Possess a strong desire to be successful
- Fluent in Duch
- Must live in Benelux region
Things we love
- Passionate about growing your career in the largest market in software (database)
- Previous Sales Methodology training (e.g. MEDDIC, SPIN, Challenger Sales)
- Familiarity with databases, develops and open source technology a plus
Why join now
- MongoDB invests 8x the industry average in development of each of our new hires & continuous career development
- Accelerators up to 30%
- Best in breed Sales trainings in MEDDIC and Command of the Message, including our comprehensive Sales Bootcamps and development programs
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Generous and competitive benefits (parental leave, fertility & wellbeing support)
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture - Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.