The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB is growing and gaining adoption rapidly across the globe with the most demanding and innovative companies and development teams in enterprise software.
MongoDB Engagement Managers utilise customer-facing sales, technical, consulting, and commercial experience to scope, negotiate and close Professional Services opportunities to accelerate and de-risk the adoption of MongoDB by our customers.
As an Engagement Manager, you will be a key leader within the Professional Services team and work collaboratively with the Sales, Professional Services, and Customer Success organizations to drive professional services sales and subscription renewals.
This role will be based remotely in Germany.
An ideal candidate will have
- A BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent professional experience
- A minimum of 3 years experience in the sale of Professional Services and/or technology solutions at an enterprise software company
- Experience as an architect, consultant, project manager, or Professional Services manager
- General knowledge of Databases (RDBMS, SQL, NoSQL)
- Experience and knowledge of the software development lifecycle and associated development methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall)
- Knowledge of software architecture including both cloud and on-premise technologies e.g. AWS, GCP, Kubernetes, Openshift
- The ability to collaborate as a part of a larger account team to build and execute complex account strategies and sales plays
- An ability to scope and estimate projects
- Strong presentation skills: Showing the value, capabilities, and differentiators of complex service solutions using methodologies and service offerings
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
What you’ll do at MongoDB
- You understand customers’ overall portfolio of applications and datasets, IT and business priorities and success measures to adapt, develop and design specific digital transformation approaches involving MongoDB technologies
- You help transform companies by translating their use-cases, pains, and needs into scoped projects and statements of work
- You partner with a world class sales organization and work effectively as a part of a larger team to develop account strategies and plans for the successful adoption, growth, and utilization of MongoDB
- You have a strong sense of ownership, driving all deals or technical scopings from inception to closure
- You manage the Professional Services pipeline for bookings and revenue forecasts for your region
- You confidently articulate the business value of professional services, talking knowledgeably and credibly about service delivery issues, challenges, strategies, approaches, and mitigating risks
- You work with our practice team to propagate internal skills and experience through the development of repeatable assets (estimates, proposals, SOWs, templates, tools, case studies etc.)
- You work with the delivery team to transition any agreed upon project scope and customer expectations to ensure successful project delivery
- You proactively seek opportunities to support and mentor other team members and share best practices
- You have situational awareness and react appropriately in group settings
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.