The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
As a Financial Accountant, you'll be responsible for the statutory compliance of a portfolio of companies within the EMEA & APAC regions. You'll be responsible for the statutory financial and tax filings required by law, and you'll also manage and enhance the financial control environment. As a financial advisor you will guide the business to mitigate risk, support high quality decision making and help build the financial infrastructure to scale in support of the business.
This role is remote optional until April 4, 2022, we are looking to speak to candidates who plan to be available in Dublin for when we introduce our hybrid model.
- Oversee the annual statutory financial statements, external audits and filings for a portfolio of companies in the EMEA & APAC regions
- Manage the delivery of accounting services performed by external vendors ensuring that all service levels are met, the internal control environment is robust and a quality service is provided
- Perform in-depth analysis on entity income statements and balance sheets, ensuring their integrity and financial accuracy
- Contribute to the preparation and reconciliation of corporate tax computations to the financial statements
- Reviewing VAT/GST tax returns
- Prepare, analyze and post journals as needed
- Review or prepare reconciliations of key balance sheet accounts
- Review payroll journals at month-end and follow up on any discrepancies
- Review business processes and drive changes where needed
- Build and maintain quality relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Experience & Qualifications
- Professional qualification ACA/ACCA
- Thorough knowledge and application of accounting principles, US GAAP and international accounting standards
- 1+ years PQE
- Experienced in working in a high growth multinational environment
- Proficient at Excel, Google Sheets
- Bonus: Experience with NetSuite
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.