The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The Senior Product Analyst, Atlas & MongoDB Server will play a meaningful role in further developing our rapidly growing Data Analytics function. Partnering with stakeholders across Product Management, Engineering and Analytics teams, as well as with other teams around the business, this role will surface key insights to drive business decision making. This role requires someone with strong analytical and technical skills, and who is comfortable working across multiple functional areas in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
We are remote optional through January 10, 2022 afterwards this role will be in-office in our New York City office long-term.
- Surface insights to improve server health, operations and response
- Develop a deep understanding of how server response and health affects customer experience and journey, and vice versa; conduct deep-dives to provide actionable recommendations to enhance operational performance of various server products
- Partner with Product Management and Engineering to identify opportunities for product experimentation, own design of experiments and analyze experiment performance
- Define KPIs and diagnostic metrics that help improve the server operations, encapsulating these measures in clean crisp dashboards that provide the company with timely and actionable information about server response, status, availability, reliability, and efficiency
- Create measurement frameworks to measure the success of each product, assess product performance and health, and develop a common currency to calculate the impact of each product
- Make the team more efficient: Research and implement new tooling/processes; seek out and automate existing costly manual processes
- Serve as an analytical and technical thought partner to stakeholders across the product, analytics, data science teams
Skills & attributes
- 3+ years of hands-on analytics experience for operations, supply chain and / or product teams, ideally at a software company
- Advanced SQL skills and proficiency with either Python or R
- Deep understanding of SaaS products and demonstrated success of partnering with product teams to conduct a wide range of experiments
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and set priorities with a variety of key stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Effective at communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Committed to contributing to a collaborative, enjoyable, and psychologically safe work environment
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.