The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB is seeking a Business Operations Associate to help drive strategic and operational initiatives across MongoDB. In this role, you will sit at the intersection of operations, analytics, finance, and product management, working closely with internal partners to tackle complex business problems.
This position requires a driven self-starter who is able to communicate clearly and effectively with leadership and successfully balance multiple priorities. You take tasks from start to finish, are able to deliver value quickly, and enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced, and exciting environment.
We are remote optional through April 4, 2022 afterwards this role will be in-office in our New York City office long-term.
- Lead and coordinate cross-functional critical initiatives to identify and execute against opportunities to improve our business
- Partner with the Product and go-to-market teams to develop and implement coherent go-to-market strategies and business plans
- Use data to inform pricing and packaging decisions
- Apply strategic experience to uncover operational issues and drive process improvements at MongoDB
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis in support of cross-functional partners and executive management across all business functions
- Embed yourself with other teams in the company to understand the relevant questions and needs of the business, and use that to advise analysis
- Effectively communicate analytical findings to non-technical audiences
- BS/BA; MBA preferred but not required
- 6+ years of experience in business strategy and operations; SaaS experience a plus
- Consistent record of using data to drive business decisions including the ability to structure problems for analysis
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to synthesize strategic insights in a measurable and compelling manner
- Advanced Excel and Google Slides or PowerPoint skills
- Confidence using SQL for fetching and manipulating data; experience with a scripting language such as Python or R is a plus
- Ability to move quickly and iterate on analyses
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to work in a self-guided manner
- Within 1 month, get up to speed on the analytical tools we use, b) the products we offer our customers and c) our market and competitors
- Within 2 months, begin identifying and leading initiatives to scale the business and/or deliver process improvements
- Within 3 months, scope and kick-off your first major initiative, with input from Business Operations and cross-functional teams
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.