The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) And MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build outstanding apps that people use every day. We are the top tier modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
At MongoDB, we are building the modern data platform for our customers. The Cloud Product Team is a diverse collection of individuals working together to help our users run MongoDB in the cloud at a global scale.
MongoDB is looking for a Senior Product Security Analyst to join our team and take on a key role in our Cloud organization. This position requires a driven self-starter who can work with senior leadership comfortably, takes tasks from start to finish, and someone who enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced, and challenging environment. This role is a rare opportunity to join a team at the center of sales, marketing, and engineering for a leading innovation company in a $60B market.
We are looking for someone who can
- Drive customer success by working across global teams in operations, security, engineering, professional services, and pre-sales/field engineering to evolve security maturity in high-growth sectors
- Act as a platform security subject matter resource for the organization and to client senior management & developers, providing insight on operational defense, hardened modern web architectures, and defending & architecting mission workloads
- Serve as an advocate for security and compliance automation, both internally and via public product roadmaps, including enhanced APIs, auditing capability, and platform service evolution
- Collaborate and periodically co-author tutorials, white papers, case study profiles, and security & compliance proofs-of-concept around MongoDB core server & cloud products
- Contribute to strategic initiatives to engage the open-source and security communities through direct relationships with developers & security practitioners, advocate for sponsorships, and support strategic contributions to the developer community
- Advise senior leadership on the competitive landscape in data platforms and identifying long-term emerging security opportunities in enterprise and federal markets, with a particular focus on product security and trust
- Work directly with the Security Product Management and Engineering teams to flush out requirements
- 10+ years experience designing and defending secure modern web services & database applications
- Experience leading developers on modern backend software frameworks, such as React, Angular, ExpressJs and Java Spring
- Domain knowledge across several compliance standards and frameworks such as FedRAMP, FIPS, NIST, PCI, HIPAA, SOC2, ISO, ANSI, ETSI
- Understanding of various public cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, GCP, and their Government Cloud Equivalents
- Understanding of Identity and Access management capabilities of the various public clouds
- Deep understanding of encryption, cryptography, homomorphic encryption, and secure architectures and techniques
- Direct hands-on experience defending production deployments
- Demonstrated security leadership in highly regulated sectors such as finance, healthcare, or federal
- Past experience working in or with Product Management and Product Marketing organizations
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or information technology, or equivalent work experience
- In 3 months you will be fully versed in the MongoDB data platform and understand our current security capabilities
- In 6 months you will understand and be able to clearly communicate the needs of the client, Engineering, Product, and corporate stakeholders for whom you are advocating & advising
- In 9 months you will be using that understanding to inform the corporate and Engineering security roadmaps to ensure successful, timely delivery of key milestones
This role can be based out of our New York office or remotely in North America.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.