The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
We’re looking for a hardworking, driven individual with superb energy, passion and initiative for new business acquisition. The Acquisition Account Executive role focuses exclusively on formulating and executing a sales strategy within an assigned territory, resulting in revenue growth and new customer acquisition.
With a people-first culture, managing and leading our Enterprise Sales team is top of mind. MongoDB is always changing and innovating — not only in our technology, but also in our sales go-to-market strategy. Our sales leadership is committed to building the best salesforce in technology. This means, inspiring and enabling success for everyone on the team. We not only equip you to be successful and close deals, but we want your feedback and input on how we can continue to “Think Big and Go Far.” As a crucial part of the Sales team at MongoDB, you will have access to a lucrative market and learn how to sell from some of the most successful sales leaders in the software industry.
To learn more about what it's like to grow your career here at MongoDB, check out this blog, written by one of our top performing reps and newly promoted Regional Director.
- Proactively prospect, identify, qualify and develop a sales pipeline
- Close business to meet and exceed monthly, quarterly and annual bookings objectives
- Build strong and effective relationships, resulting in growth opportunities
- Participate in our sales enablement trainings, including our comprehensive Sales Bootcamp, sophisticated sales training, and leadership and development programs
- Work closely with the Professional Services team to achieve customer satisfaction
- BA/BS required
- 2+ years field experience of quota-carrying experience in a fast-paced and competitive market with a focus on new business
- Demonstrated ability to articulate the business value of complex enterprise technology
- A track record of overachievement and hitting sales targets
- Skilled in building business champions and running a complex sales process
- Previous Sales Methodology training (e.g. MEDDIC, SPIN, Challenger Sales)
- Familiarity with databases, devops and open source technology a plus
- Driven and competitive: Possess a strong desire to be successful
- Skilled in managing time and resources; sound approach to qualifying opportunities
- Possess aptitude to learn quickly and establish credibility. High EQ and self-aware
- Passionate about growing your career in the largest market in software (database) and developing and maintaining an in-depth understanding of MongoDB products
This role is remote optional until November 1, 2021, we are looking to speak to candidates who plan to be available in our New York City or Philadelphia office for when we introduce our hybrid model.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.