The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $119B by 2025!) and MongoDB is leading its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to go public in 20 years. Join MongoDB and see what kind of impact you can make on the company and on the world.
About the role
We’re looking for a hardworking, driven individual with superb energy, passion and initiative for new business acquisition. The Enterprise Account Executive role focuses exclusively on formulating and executing a sales strategy within an assigned territory, resulting in revenue growth and new customer acquisition.
About the Sales Culture
MongoDB is always developing and innovating — not only in our technology, but also in our sales go-to-market strategy. Our sales leadership is committed to building the best salesforce in technology. This means, inspiring and enabling success for everyone on the team. We not only equip you to be successful and close deals, but we want your feedback and input on how we can continue to “Think Big and Go Far.” As a crucial part of the Sales team at MongoDB, you will have access to a lucrative market and learn how to sell from some of the most successful sales leaders in the software industry.
What you will be doing
- Proactively, identify, qualify and close a sales pipeline (100% net new logos)
- Strategically prospect into CTOs, Engineering/IT Leaders, & technical end users
- Build strong and effective relationships, resulting in growth opportunities
- Partner with our Solution Architects and work closely with the Professional Services team to achieve customer satisfaction
- Work closely with the enterprise ecosystem partner sales and channel partner to maximise deal sizes
- Participate in our sales enablement trainings, including our comprehensive Sales Bootcamp, sophisticated sales training, and leadership and development programs
What you will bring to the table
- 3+ years field experience of quota-carrying experience in a fast-paced and competitive market with a focus on closing net new logos
- Demonstrated ability to open new accounts and run a complex sales process
- A proven track record of overachievement and hitting sales targets
- Ability to articulate the business value of complex enterprise technology
- Skilled in building business champions
- Driven and competitive. Possess a strong desire to be successful
- Fluent in English
- Must live in Chicago territory
Things we love
- Passionate about growing your career in the largest market in software (database)
- Previous Sales Methodology training (e.g. MEDDIC, SPIN, Challenger Sales)
- Familiarity with databases, develops and open source technology a plus
Why join now
- MongoDB invests 8x the industry average in development of each of our new hires & continuous career development
- Accelerators up to 30%
- Best in breed Sales trainings in MEDDIC and Command of the Message, including our comprehensive Sales Bootcamps and development programs
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Generous and competitive benefits (parental leave, fertility & wellbeing support)
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture - Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB
This role can be based out of our Chicago office or remote in North America.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.