The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB Technical Services Engineers use their exceptional problem solving and customer service skills, along with their deep technical experience, to support and advise our customers in order to solve their complex MongoDB challenges. Technical Service Engineers are experts in the entire MongoDB ecosystem - database server, drivers, cloud and infrastructure. This also includes services such as Atlas (database as a service), or Cloud and Ops Manager (which helps customers with automation, backup and monitoring of their MongoDB systems). Our engineers combine their MongoDB expertise with passion, initiative, teamwork and a great sense of humour to help our customers to be successful with MongoDB.
About the team
The Applications & Integrations (A&I) team focuses on supporting the MongoDB products and technologies that interact with the MongoDB Server and third party tools. Learning and supporting these products will provide you a great deal of exposure to modern technologies such as Kubernetes, configuration management tools and managing instances in the public cloud (AWS, GCP and Azure).
You will be a key part of our elite Technical Services organization that supports MongoDB customers worldwide, with teams in locations like New York, Austin, Palo Alto, Sydney, Dublin, Tel Aviv, Gurugram and Bengaluru.
Cool things you’ll do
You'll be working alongside our largest customers, solving their complex challenges - resolving questions on architecture, networking, performance, recovery, security, and everything in between. You'll be an expert resource on best practices in running MongoDB at scale, whatever that scale may be. You'll be an advocate for customers' needs - interfacing with our product management and development teams on their behalf. And you'll contribute to internal projects, including software development of support tools for performance, benchmarking, and diagnostics.
What you need
We consider all candidates who are insatiably curious, and multi-faceted.
The ideal candidates will have strong technical experience in one (or more) of the following areas. We are open to training people up in certain areas, so don't worry about ticking every box!
- Systems administration, Network administration
- Distributed systems, Database architecture and administration, Application architecture, Data architecture and design
- Performance tuning, benchmarking
- Should have a good understanding of Networking concepts and protocols (DNS, TCP/IP, etc.)
- Should have a good understanding in applications and network security (TLS/SSL, data encryption)
- If you have an operations background, we prefer experience administering large-scale production environments, including hardware, operating systems (e.g. Linux, Windows), networks (including firewalls and load balancers), as well as cloud-based resources (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
We are looking someone with
- Excellent communication skills in English,both written and verbal
- Genuine desire to help people succeed with our technology
- Uncontrollable urge to investigate and solve problems, with advanced diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to think on your feet, remain calm under pressure, and solve problems in real-time
- Desire and ability to rapidly learn a wide variety of new technical skills
- Strong sense of teamwork: willingness and ability to get help from team members when required, and the good judgment to know when to seek help
- Strong sense of collaboration: works with peers in a way that strengthens relationships and resolve customer issues more quickly while helping the team to achieve common goals
- Experience using or managing MongoDB (or other database solutions) as a developer or DBA
- Experience with Kubernetes or other orchestration systems using vendor-specific Enterprise operators
- Experience with authentication systems such as LDAP, AD, Kerberos
- End-user experience using system monitoring, backup, and operations management technologies (including but not limited to Cloud Manager, New Relic, Glacier, HP Operations Manager, IBM Tivoli, Nagios, or Oracle Cloud)
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure solutions such as AWS, Azure, OpenStack, or Google Compute Engine
- Technical writing and/or training
- Previous work experience with JIRA and SalesForce Service Cloud
- General knowledge or experience with automation technologies such as Chef or Puppet
- In 3 months, you’ll have gained a deep understanding of MongoDB and its ecosystem and you'll have successfully completed New Hire Training
- In 6 months, you will be comfortable working frontline with our customers. You will also complete the MongoDB Certified DBA Associate exam
- In 12 months, you will be a part of a technical experts group within MongoDB and will be helping your peer engineers in advanced diagnostics
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.