The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
We're looking for a high-energy, detail-oriented, and hands-on individual to join the Revenue Team as a Senior Revenue Accounting Manager. This role will be based out of our Dublin office and will primarily be responsible for analyzing and reviewing complex revenue transactions, continually refining our revenue recognition policies, providing direction on technical revenue accounting issues and articulating accounting impact to our business partners during the contract negotiation process. In addition, this role will participate in month-end and quarter-end close activities and be responsible for leading and mentoring a small team of Revenue Analysts based in Ireland. To be successful, this individual must have the ability to adapt quickly, make decisions autonomously, operate effectively in a rapidly scaling, dynamic environment and align well with MongoDB’s core values.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to join and grow with a strong accounting team at a fast-growing public company.
The Revenue team is an extremely visible, high-performing team, ultimately responsible for accurate financial reporting of revenue. The team is responsible for managing the monthly close, contract negotiation, and determining appropriate accounting treatment for our product offerings. Additionally, this team is responsible for designing and maintaining controls over-reporting of revenue and assisting in quarterly forecasting activities for revenue and billings. This role will report directly to the Director of Revenue.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting (CA/CPA preferred) with at least 7 years of experience in a similar role within a global accounting team of a technology company
- Prior experience with revenue operations, revenue recognition, and reconciliation process including working with sales data, customer contracts and product offerings
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and ASC 606
- Experience in hiring, managing, and mentoring high performing teams
- Proficiency in MS Excel & working with large volumes of data
- Knowledge of ERP and CRM systems (NetSuite, Salesforce)
- Strong analytical, research, and problem-solving skills
- Acute attention to detail and well-developed organization
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be self-motivated, flexible, deadline-oriented, and have the ability to independently drive projects to completion
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and business partnering skills with demonstrated ability to work cross functionally and at various levels within a company
- Provide subject matter expertise on the treatment of revenue accounting transactions (under ASC 606) and related financial reporting requirements
- Lead and manage the execution of quarterly reviews and year-end financial audits by external auditors related to AR, reserves, and revenue
- Participate in month-end close activities comprising cash activity, various revenue analyses including booking JEs, account reconciliations, and revenue recognition
- Manage a small team of Revenue Analysts including review of all work performed and coach for growth and development. Ability to hire additional analysts as growth permits
- Analyze sales transactions within the Company’s ERP systems to ensure accuracy of data and integrity of revenue schedules, inclusive of revenue allocations
- Review and validate different revenue streams for appropriate revenue treatments
- Review contract write-ups to ensure that revenue is recognized in accordance with ASC606
- Assist with preparation and review of executive-level analytics for various internal and external presentations
- Work cross-functionally with key internal business partners, such as OTC, Deal Desk and Legal on ongoing initiatives
- Assist with special projects and ad hoc requests as required
- A successful candidate must have the ability to operate effectively in a fast-moving, global environment as well as have experience and a strong interest in revenue advisory processes
- In 30 days, a successful candidate will have become familiar with our business, product offerings, and revenue streams
- In 3 months, you’ll have become familiar with our internal systems, operational workflows, and accounting close tasks assigned to you and would be performing them independently
- In 6 months, you’ll have established relationships with key business partners such as Billing/OTC, Deal Desk and Legal and would be working directly with them as and when issues arise
- In 12 months and beyond, this role will be established as the primary point of contact for Revenue Advisory in the Dublin locale and be responsible for managing the associated triage responsibilities
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.