The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB Technical Services Engineers use their exceptional problem solving and customer service skills, along with their deep technical experience, to advise customers and to solve their complex MongoDB problems. Technical Service Engineers are knowledgeable in the entire MongoDB ecosystem - database server, drivers, our management suite, and services such as Cloud Manager (the online product we developed for customers for automation, backup, monitoring, and analysis of their MongoDB systems). Our engineers combine their MongoDB expertise with passion, initiative, collaboration and a great sense of humour to achieve outstanding results for our customers.
**The regular work week for this role will be Sunday to Thursday**
Why MongoDB is a fantastic place to work and build your career
- Be a part of the company that’s reinventing the database, and passionate about innovation and speed
- Enjoy a fun, inspiring workplace community that is engineering focused
- Work with exceptionally knowledgeable people around the globe
- Learn, contribute, and have a meaningful and positive contribution to the product and community
- Help establish a new team in APAC, influence the direction of the region and the future of MongoDB
Cool things you’ll do
MongoDB is on a mission to change the way people think about databases. Along the way, our customers encounter questions and issues about how our approach to databases works for their use case. In Technical Services, it's our job to help these people.
You'll be working alongside our largest customers, solving their issues - resolving questions on architecture, performance, recovery, security, and everything in between. You'll become an expert resource on the best way to run MongoDB at scale, whatever that scale may be. As an advocate for customers' needs, you will collaborate with our product management and development teams on their behalf. And you'll contribute to internal projects, including software development of support tools for performance, benchmarking, and diagnostics. Additionally, you will also mentor and ramp new team members, and take initiatives in building knowledge of new product lines within the MongoDB ecosystem.
What you need
You should have 7+ years of relatable experience. We consider all candidates with an eye for those who are self-taught, insatiably curious, and multi-faceted.
In order to be successful in this position, candidates should have a genuine desire to help people, a desire to rapidly learn a wide variety of new technical skills, and have experience and proficiency in:
- Systems engineering experience. This includes Linux performance, memory management, I/O tuning, configuration, security, networking, clusters, and troubleshooting
- Networking concepts and protocols (DNS, TCP/IP, SSL/TLS etc.)
- Storage engineering experience, including NAS, SAN, SSD, multi-pathing, and caching
- Building and maintaining sophisticated mission-critical production database systems
- A broad range of customer workloads and use cases, including performance, availability, and scalability
- Analysing issues holistically, from the application tier through the database, down to the storage
- Thinking on your feet, remaining calm under pressure, and solving problems in real-time
- Teamwork and collaboration: willingness and ability to get help from team members when required, and the good judgement to know when to seek help
- Experience managing large scale databases (e.g. RDBMS, NoSQL)
- Experience with authentication systems such as LDAP, Kerberos, AD
- Experience using or managing MongoDB
- Experience using distributed version control systems, and in particular git
- Experience using any cloud services stack such as AWS, Azure or GCP
- In 3 months, you’ll have gained a deep understanding of MongoDB and its ecosystem, and have completed New Hire Training
- In 6 months, be confident working frontline with our customers. You will also complete the MongoDB Certified DBA Associate exam
- In 12 months, be an integral part of a group of technical specialists within MongoDB, helping your peer engineers in complex diagnostics. You will be expected to handle complex technical issues independently
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.