The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
Early career hiring has been a strategic enabler of our growth for almost 10 years, and accounts for 25% of our global engineering hires. The Head of Global Campus Recruiting for MongoDB therefore is a key role on our Talent Acquisition team and an opportunity to lead a world-class early career hiring program and scale it to support the company’s growth ambitions.
In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of our early career hiring from employer brand on campus to the internship program and the onboarding of new graduates across all functions globally. Role reports to the Global Head of Talent Acquisition at MongoDB and sits on the Talent Acquisition Leadership Team.
Role will ideally be based in New York City but we would be willing to consider fully remote candidates so long as they can be in New York City for the summer and be willing to travel as needed to various office locations across the world and to campus. MongoDB has the option to work from home until November 1, 2021.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead and operationalize MongoDB’s approach to early career hiring and serve as an advisor and subject matter expert to the company’s leadership team on how to attract top diverse talent from campuses primarily in the US but also across the world
- Manage, grow and develop a team of campus recruiters and coordinators
- Partner with Employer Brand and D&I to lead the development of MongoDB’s brand on campus as an employer of choice for top diverse talent
- Oversee relationships with select college and university career centers, HBCUs and faculty to create recruitment plans and marketing strategies. Analyze progress and results at core schools, identify best practices and develop strategic recommendations for future recruiting
- Run the entire campus recruiting process including recruiting events, interviews and candidate experience
- Oversee the execution of MongoDB’s summer internship programs to ensure maximum engagement, professional development and conversion to offers
- Lead on-going dialogue with senior business stakeholders and other cross-functional teams to continually develop, execute and enhance our campus recruiting initiatives
- Contribute to the Talent Acquisition leadership team by providing thought leadership
Ideal candidate would have
- 5+ years of campus recruiting experience, with a desire and passion to grow in that space while learning new skills to become a more well-rounded talent acquisition expert
- At least 1 year of people management experience at any level
- Demonstrated program management and recruiting skills
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills with the confidence and flexibility to manage interactions with stakeholders at all levels of the organization and with diverse backgrounds
- Highly collaborative - this role requires a great deal of partnership with multiple internal cross-functional stakeholders, from business leaders to finance, HR, D&I and Employer Brand
- Flexibility and adaptability needed to manage the intensity and change of a high-growth company
- Comfortable working through large volumes of tasks that span both proactive opportunities and reactive needs
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.