The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The Program Management team is responsible for devising, implementing, and improving the processes (and associated tools) that help MongoDB Engineers succeed in making MongoDB the best database software as possible!
As a Program Manager, you will make sure that the teams you work with proceed smoothly from conceptualisation and ideation through to release and during every step in between.
The right candidate for this role will be
- 2+ years of proven track record working in an Engineering organization, whether in a development, support or administrative role
- Able to maintain a strategic view of our software engineering process even while executing on the minutiae of everyday development
- Skilled at communicating across a diverse set of engineers and their partners (also engineers)
- Hyper-organized and capable of balancing all of the data associated with projects and task-tracking
- Knowledgeable of and experienced with implementing agile/Scrum standard methodologies
- Encouraged to identify and innovate in areas where automation can replace manual work
- Able to appreciate the engineering concepts being discussed, allowing them to facilitate discussion and flesh out the details required to ensure successful delivery
- Trained in working with project tracking software (e.g. JIRA, Rally, MS Project)
- Craft and improve the processes and tools that advise the daily life of engineers
- Act as the glue between Engineering and Product to prioritize the team's backlog and plan its release roadmap
- Facilitate communication with other MongoDB engineering teams to ensure that all roadmaps are aligned
- Recognize patterns in a sea of information and take action accordingly
- Identify risks to our releases, mitigating them where possible and communicating them where not possible
- In 3 months you should be fully ramped on the engineering team’s development processes
- In 6 months you will have taken complete ownership of executing those processes
- In 12 months you will hopefully have started to identify areas for process improvement across the engineering team
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.