The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB Atlas is the global cloud database service for modern applications. Atlas allows customers to deploy a fully managed, distributed database across AWS, Google Cloud, and Azure simultaneously. We are the first major cloud database to make this capability generally available and with it we have solidified our standing as a leader in the cloud database market.
The Atlas Search team is building the best search experience for developers on the MongoDB platform. We are responsible for Atlas Search - UI, API and Managed Service.
This role is based in San Francisco and will report to the Lead, Atlas Search Cloud
Who you are
- You are proficient in modern programming languages and techniques, with an interest in working in MongoDB, Java, React and Typescript
- You have experience building tools and platforms for software developers
- You enjoy working on full stack applications, including UI/UX, API Design, databases and search
- You are looking for a high impact role in a young software project with high rates of adoption
- You are passionate about developing reliable high quality software
What you’ll do
- You will design and build the UI, API and Managed Cloud Service for Atlas Search
- You will work closely with other Atlas Search teams who are building the core search engine (mongot), as well as other teams in Atlas
- You will perform code reviews with peers and make recommendations on how to improve our code and software development processes
What we’re looking for
- Experience in developing and working with distributed systems
- Experience developing cloud services and SaaS products
- Full stack experience with a front end framework such as React or Vue
- In 3 months, you'll ship code on our core Mongo Management Service Repo
- In 6 months, you'll be working on features such as UI and API improvements
- In 12 months, you'll be working closely with engineers, product managers and designers to design and expose new features and functionality for Atlas Search
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.