The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The Corporate Communications team sustains MongoDB’s brand, reputation and influence across the world. We’re looking for an enthusiastic customer-facing communications professional to join the customer marketing function within our global communications team.
This person will report to the Director of Customer Evangelism and will be responsible for managing, planning and executing customer reference and advocacy initiatives across the Americas. This includes driving the strategic direction of the Americas program, serving as one of the main points of contact on customer marketing activities in the region for the larger marketing organization and integrating all regional customer marketing efforts into the global communications plan.
What You’ll Do
- Identify and nurture customer advocates / champions in one of the company’s highest growth regions
- Work with key stakeholders in the region (including sales, the larger marketing org and external agencies) to create compelling case studies that support our communications goals
- Partner closely with key cloud partners including AWS, Microsoft and Google Cloud to co-create customer stories and leverage them across multiple channels
- Develop creative, new ways to tell customer stories beyond blogs and case studies (video, social media, podcasts, webinars, etc.)
- Work closely with local stakeholders and the communications team to integrate customer stories into global sales and marketing campaigns
- Be responsible for tracking and demonstrating the value of the customer assets you produce (both quantitatively and qualitatively)
- Come up with resonant and creative customer story ideas that map to regional developer trends and thought leaderships angles
Who You Are
- Customer obsessed
- Proven track record working in a customer-facing marketing role
- Data-driven but also wildly creative and able to craft compelling stories that will remain in the minds of prospects as they make data platform buying decisions
- Capable of telling dramatic stories and working creatively within a global program framework
- 4 plus years of experience in a customer-facing role, preferably at a high-growth technology company
- Experience collaborating and working cross-functionally with similar roles in sales, partner, engineering, marketing, product, developer relations or HR orgs
- A consistent record of planning, executing and measuring successfully against defined goals
- Experience developing both internal and agency resources to accomplish the goals of the global customer program
- Proficient with tools like Salesforce, Jira, TechValidate, etc
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.