The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The Technical Program Management team is responsible for devising, implementing, and improving the processes (and associated tools) that help MongoDB engineers succeed in making MongoDB the best database software possible. The Database Experience teams deliver the drivers and libraries developers use to build applications with MongoDB.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will own processes across the Database Experience department, ensuring teams proceed smoothly from ideation through to release and during every step in between. This position is based out of our New York office with the possibility of working remotely (or from another MongoDB office) for the right candidate.
The right candidate for this role will be
- Experienced with 5+ years working in an Engineering organization, whether in a program/project management, development or administrative role
- Able to maintain a strategic view of our software engineering process even while executing on the minutiae of everyday development
- Skilled at communicating across a diverse set of engineers and their stakeholders (also engineers)
- Hyper-organized and capable of juggling all of the data created by work across Core Engineering
- Knowledgeable of and experienced with implementing agile/Scrum best practices
- A role model for effective execution practices, driven by an attuned sense of priority and urgency
- Experienced in successfully delivering complex cross-functional projects
- Able to appreciate the engineering concepts being discussed, allowing them to facilitate discussion and flesh out the details required to ensure successful delivery
- Experienced in gathering process pain points from team members and stakeholders and devising improvements to address them
- Trained in working with project tracking software (e.g. Jira, Rally, MS Project)
- Interested in learning everything about MongoDB
- Inspired to identify and innovate in areas where automation can replace manual work
- Maintain and improve the processes that span multiple teams and/or products
- Recognize patterns in a sea of information and take action accordingly
- Expand knowledge into new domains as called upon
- Act as a steward for the tools that power our engineering operations (including our wiki, project management software, retrospective tool, etc)
- In 3 months you’ll have fully ramped on team development processes
- In 6 months you’ll have taken complete ownership of executing those processes
- In 12 months you’ll have started to identify areas for process improvement across the Database Experience department
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.