The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
Servicing the fastest growing database ecosystem presents new challenges every day. MongoDB is seeking an Escalation Manager for the Technical Services organization to play a critical role and work internally with our Engineering, Services, Sales, and Product Management teams, as well as externally with customers and partners. You'll coordinate and drive the resolution of critical technical issues.
The right candidate for this role
- Has a strong external client-facing experience - a background in technical support, technical account management, technical escalations, or a similar role in the past
- Has a strong technical background - worked hands-on in Storage, Network, Operation Systems, Development, or Databases. You'll need to understand how product behavior drives technical escalations and will determine which skill sets are vital to address and de-escalate the technical crisis, while also understanding the broader impact of the escalation on account health
- Is highly organized, eloquent, and adept at taking charge of situations while multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Wants to be a help establish a new team in APAC, influencing the direction of the region and the future of MongoDB
What you'll do
In this role, you will build strong relationships with our strategic clients and work to reduce the impact of escalated support cases. You'll quickly assess issues brought forward, effectively gather the appropriate resources that will drive the issue to resolution, and ensure the customer's voice is heard throughout the process.
In the first year, you will handle at least ten long-running escalations, documented escalation procedures, and develop a list of Subject-Matter-Experts (SME’s) to engage in escalations related to specific product areas. After each escalation, you will run a “post-mortem” review of the escalation to document what we learned and to make ongoing suggestions for improving our related processes, documents, and tools. Transparency will be very important - providing timely and accurate updates to senior management regarding active escalations, as well as important details on the status of the customer account will be key.
- Complete our new hire technical training program; be able to speak confidently about our total portfolio of products
- Understand our global follow-the-sun processes and escalation processes
- Demonstrate ability to handle complex escalations and emergency situations
- Implement effective bi-directional communication between the escalation management team and the APAC management team
- Handle highly escalated customer challenges independently
- Built relationships within the TS organisation to further address customer escalations
- Started developing future product awareness and context as it pertains to issues being escalated in the field
- Successfully handled at least ten long-running escalations and received positive feedback on them, documented escalation procedures
- Developed a list of Subject-Matter-Experts (SMEs) to engage in escalations related to specific product areas
- Involved in developing a training plan for new hires into the Escalation Manager role
- After each escalation, you will run a “post-mortem” review of the escalation to document what we learned and to make ongoing suggestions for improving our related processes, documents, and tools
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.