The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
We are looking for a motivated, hardworking and hands-on Senior Customer Success Manager (CSM) to help our customers realize and improve the value of their MongoDB subscription and services.
Individuals in this role have a passion for technology and the ambition to dive head-first into new challenges with some of our largest global customers; are adaptive and excited to help innovate with new processes and contribute to what’s already been built. We’re looking for someone who thrives by having daily interactions with customers who are innovating with one of the most mission-critical pieces of software in any tech stack.
The Customer Success team at MongoDB is responsible for establishing relationships and becoming a trusted advisor and “go-to” person for best practices, and to help remove roadblocks or challenges for customers. We are an integral part of our customer’s success with MongoDB and bring value to every interaction - from onboarding and product adoption to growth. This role will report to the Regional Manager, Customer Success.
Our ideal candidate will have
- Proven experience working in a Customer Success, Account Management, or similar customer-focused role
- Experience with large-scale, technologically sophisticated, Enterprise-scale customers in a fast paced SaaS environment
- A mind for technology! We’ll teach you all about MongoDB and databases, but our customers and product are inherently technical and you should have an aptitude and curiosity to learn about those concepts and how you can position product value to our customers
- Prior exposure to database, cloud and infrastructure technology is a plus
- High levels of organization in your workflows - you understand what it means to be responsible for a strategic customer portfolio and to prioritize your time across all of your customers
- A passion for partnership and collaboration! You’ll be working with multiple teams on a regular basis (Sales, Marketing, Support, Product, Professional Services) and will help to build the CS “brand” across our entire organization
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present to technical and business stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Fluent French Speaker
- Build meaningful and strategic relationships with customers across various stakeholders, working closely with other MongoDB partners
- Lead customer and project onboarding experience, validating and identifying customer needs, potential challenges, and key project timelines to ensure we’re meeting expectations
- Promote and encourage implementation of paid MongoDB features across your assigned customer portfolio
- Proactively and early identify and mitigate risk of churn
- Ensure high customer satisfaction and referenceability
- Help to develop and implement standard methodologies, processes, and tools to continually improve MongoDB’s Customer Success Program
As a CSM, you will be successful when you can become a(n)
- Risk Mitigator - identifying technical or business blockers to success for customers and proactively mitigate them by rallying the necessary resources
- Personal Trusted Advisor - recommending standard and advanced methodologies in order to make customers successful
- Account Strategist - understand where the customer’s business and align account strategy accordingly and in alignment with the customer
- Business Builder with an entrepreneurial mindeset - finding opportunities for your customers to adopt new products, use cases across different business lines
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.