The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
Our Sales Analytics team is part of our broader Sales Analytics and Operations team - we obsess about helping Sales go faster and grow faster! This new function owns the vision, strategy and delivery of sales quotas, compensation models, and performance analytics. Your responsibilities will range across a variety of strategic and operational initiatives including optimizing and maintaining sales compensation models, providing insights into performance analytics, and communicating with cross-functional stakeholders.
We are looking for an analyst to join the Sales Performance Analytics team. This highly visible position is key to supporting the continued rapid growth of the Company. You will be primarily responsible for modelling, updating, and analyzing our global sales compensation models, as well as leveraging performance insights to help make key business decisions. The ideal candidate is detail oriented with a passion for owning and optimizing processes in a fast-paced and innovative environment.
The Opportunity - As an analyst on the Sales Analysis team, you will
- Partner with stakeholders across Sales, Commissions, and Finance to build, maintain, and operationalize global sales compensation models
- Take part in the design, implementation, and process improvement of multiple compensation models and dashboards that will drive impact for the entire sales organization
- Provide quality assurance in maintaining accuracy of our compensation models
- Perform ad hoc analytics to derive insights from performance and attainment data that will drive key business decisions
- Assist with identifying opportunities for efficiencies and improvements within our compensation modelling process and workflows
- Communicate compensation plan details and performance insights with Sales field and Sales management
What You Bring to the Table - The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree with a quantitative focus (Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Finance, etc.)
- 2+ years of work experience in either Sales Compensation or Commissions / Sales Strategy & Operations / Data Analytics
- Strong eye for details as well as strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience building and/or administering complex sales compensation plans
- Experience building quantitative models in Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets, Advance Formulas & Functions
- Experience with at least one major business intelligence tool (Tableau,Google Data Studio,Looker) is a plus
- Effective verbal and written communication in order to collaborate in a cross functional environment with various levels of management
What’s In It For You - Be comfortable where you work
- Feel Valued: A competitive compensation package
- Feel Engaged: Transparent and friendly culture, a ton of benefits, and company events
- Feel Impact: We pride ourselves on having a diverse and hard working sales organization
- Feel Comfortable: Optimize your workstation with your choice in laptop, and ergonomic gear
- Feel Challenged: Rub shoulders with some of the brightest people in the industry who welcome debate
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.